By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Captain_Yuri said:

I wonder if Zelda beats Horizon in metacritic, whether or not some of the people in this thread will start beating the "media is bias" drum like they have in the past.

As for the topic, I say Zelda will beat horizon in meta and sales. Graphics is obvious cause ps4 = 1.84TF, pro = 4.4TF vs wiiU/Switch is rumored to be less than 500Gflop. Art wise, it is dependent on the individual.

I like BotW's art direction more. Graphics-wise, it's no contest: Horizon takes the cake but I find Horizon's colors to be somewhat dull and grayish judging by most of what I've seen so far...

Around the Network

The prediction wii go 

Meta Zelda > Horizon
Will be very close but gamers and critics will have more nostalgia for the series than a new IP

Sales Horizon > Zelda (only if Switch doesnt sell like Nintendo expect)
Again will be very close. According to vgchartz Sony's best selling exclusive is Uncharted 4 at 8.6mill with the next one being Infamous: Second Son at 2.8mill (not including the two remasters).
Also I dont think Horizon will break the 6mill barrier.
While Wii U's top selling game is Mario Kart 8 at 7.3 mill with the rest being around the 5mill mark.

If Switch sells less than Wii U LTD than Horizon will sell more due to PS4 install base but if Switch sells well then Wii u and Switch game sales will sell more.

Graphics Horizon > Zelda
No brainer. Horizon looks more realistic while Zelda isnt. But that isnt to say Zelda doesnt look good where in fact it looks amazing.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
Meta Zelda > Horizon
Will be very close but gamers and critics will have more nostalgia for the series than a new IP

Sales Horizon > Zelda (only if Switch doesnt sell like Nintendo expect)
Again will be very close. According to vgchartz Sony's best selling exclusive is Uncharted 4 at 8.6mill with the next one being Infamous: Second Son at 2.8mill (not including the two remasters).
Also I dont think Horizon will break the 6mill barrier.
While Wii U's top selling game is Mario Kart 8 at 7.3 mill with the rest being around the 5mill mark.

If Switch sells less than Wii U LTD than Horizon will sell more due to PS4 install base but if Switch sells well then Wii u and Switch game sales will sell more.

Graphics Horizon > Zelda
No brainer. Horizon looks more realistic while Zelda isnt. But that isnt to say Zelda doesnt look good where in fact it looks amazing.

Meta: I don't think it will be that close. Horizon 'only' got 88, while BotW should easily get 90.

Sales: it will indeed be very close, unless the Switch fails as much as the Wii U did. Ocarina of Time 3D sold 4.5 million on 3DS, so BotW should get at least 5 mill.

Graphics: like you said, the graphics of Horizon are definitely higher in quality. That's a fact.
   (I personally prefer the more simple graphics of Zelda though.)

There is no competition

Think for yourself, question authority

Around the Network

Currently a 10 point difference........... Who would have Expected!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Got the meta right, got the graphics right, next up... Sales!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well horizon zero dawn sold 2.6mill in 2 weeks.
Next up zelda :)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Amazing Horizon Pix - Ugly TLOZBOTW ones

Switch!!!

Horizon will definitely outsell Zelda FW but will lose on the long run...