By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware numbers Germany - Wii sells best in April

According to gamefront, Wii nearly caught 360 sales in Germany and outsold every other console in April (still, hardware shortages affect the numbers in many Europe countries)

Here are the numbers:

Units sold

1. Xbox 360: 262,000  (since December 2005)
2. Wii: 222,000  (since December 2006)
3. PS3: 70,500  (since march 2007)

April 2007

1. Wii: 20,000
2. PS3: 16,000
3. Xbox 360: 9,500

soruce: gamefront.de, heise.de

Around the Network

Interesting. Any handheld numbers or software numbers?

Christopher_G2 said:
Interesting. Any handheld numbers or software numbers?

I´m afraid there are none, but Nintendo continues to claim the DS is a huge success in Germany and should sell 1m in 2007 again.

Software numbers were given in another thread here I think, but they are just shown as profits. At least there seems to be an ongoing trend to show some sales numbers for european regions, especially Germany and "se Schweiz ( Hey Vienna!) " get some.

Very interesting....we all know how hard the PS3 has it at the moment...but the 360 numbers are very worrying for Xbox owners etc.

It means that the 360 has sold on average 15k units a month since it's release in December 2005; the Wii has sold 44k per month on average since its release and the PS3 has sold 35k on average per month since it's release.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Wow, Nintendo is really shorting Germany.

Around the Network

WHAT! PS3 acually outsold the 360. it most be the end of the world. THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davygee said:

Very interesting....we all know how hard the PS3 has it at the moment...but the 360 numbers are very worrying for Xbox owners etc.

It means that the 360 has sold on average 15k units a month since it's release in December 2005; the Wii has sold 44k per month on average since its release and the PS3 has sold 35k on average per month since it's release.

Worst thing is you can get the Premium (!) system with 2 gamepads, 2 games and 3 months XBox Live Gold for 329 Euro... but still nobody´s buying it which is a shame... I´ll buy it in December I think. Halo, GTA4, Gears of War...for 329 Euro? Who could say no to such an offer?

No shit that the 360 isn't selling in Germany. All the good games are banned or censored because of the damn Rating Company in Germany. Gears of War, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Crackdown & C&3 haven't been released in Germany, so there are heartly any good games to buy in Germany. The probably just hate the Americans (still)

You aint found shit!

Louie said:
davygee said:

Worst thing is you can get the Premium (!) system with 2 gamepads, 2 games and 3 months XBox Live Gold for 329 Euro... but still nobody´s buying it which is a shame... I´ll buy it in December I think. Halo, GTA4, Gears of War...for 329 Euro? Who could say no to such an offer?

I could, give me the Elite (W/2 year full warranty) in a bundle with 4 games (my choice) and no XBL(people on XBL are morons) for 250 euros and then you've got a deal

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Okay, so im living on the border of netherlands/germany, and i see a lot of germans buying 360 games here, so an advice to those germans who can't get it, just invade our country, (no pun intended :P)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!