By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The State of the Xbox One in 2015 [Kotaku]

The ps3 's launch wad not "botched". People only say that to make its success even more impressive. PS3 had one obstacle only. It's price. It's first year software lineup is also questionable, but then again that doesn't matter so much. 

I think the ps3 console and whole experience was vastly inferior to the 360, but that's just me. I don't think the fact that 360 was a superior console in many ways had an impact on its launch. 

Around the Network

The thing this is missing is the fact that MS didn't want to do any of these changes. They didn't listen to any of the backlash from gamers and Xbox fans, instead coming up with lame excuses and insults. Sony had to drag them kicking and screaming to the right things when they launched a better console, without the DRM BS and poor policies (many policies that were in effect during the 360 years), and at a better price. Competition is definitely a good thing.

This also reads like it's begging others to see the greatness of the XBO and buy it instead. While some or purchasing the XBO over the PS4, the majority of gamers this gen are going to be happy with just the PS4. It's time to just accept it, stop coming out with these articles, and enjoy your console of choice.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Idk that I have ever seen a console with such horrific PR and plans at the start of a gen overcome such an uphill battle. It will never catch the PS4 in sales or power, but it's got more than enough of its own good games and perks to make it the better console right now, imho of course.

I wonder what is taking so long with Fable.

PS3 did it last gen 

OneKartVita said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Idk that I have ever seen a console with such horrific PR and plans at the start of a gen overcome such an uphill battle. It will never catch the PS4 in sales or power, but it's got more than enough of its own good games and perks to make it the better console right now, imho of course.

PS3 did it last gen 

There was nothing at the PS3 launch as product killing bad as MS's DRM plans. All Sony had going that was insane was the price. And the superior Playstation worldwide brand power makes that much less of an uphill battle to climb. And from day one it was on pace to catch up to and pass the 360.

While I think it was unnecessary to mention PS4, I don't see that one sentence trying to make PS4 look worse or anything. Article is about X1. I think some Sony fans are a bit too oversensitive every time PS4 is mentioned on positive X1 news or interviews 😊

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I own all of the consoles and (take it with a grain of salt because I preferred the 360, too) I can't figure out what else Xbox can do to win our love. The Xbox One pretty much dominates my home console time these days. People have voted with their wallets and the chose the other "one". I bet if more people gave it a try, they'd love it.

I've had the x1 for like a week and it's a perfectly fine console. It's just in the end I'm choosing the more powerful console. Neither one had exclusives that are really calling me. Although I have been enjoying the hell out of the uncharted collection. I owned 360 last gen so I missed all the ps3 exclusives.

LudicrousSpeed said:
OneKartVita said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

PS3 did it last gen 

There was nothing at the PS3 launch as product killing bad as MS's DRM plans. All Sony had going that was insane was the price. And the superior Playstation worldwide brand power makes that much less of an uphill battle to climb. And from day one it was on pace to catch up to and pass the 360.

You are badly mistaken.  If Sony had of launched a 360 type device or a ps4 type product they would have sold numbers between the ps1 and ps2. 

The insane price was far worse alone. Imagine the x1 didn't have bad launch PR but cost 300$ more.  It would have sold so so so much less.  

Moar!!! Give me more unexpected surprises so I can fill my cream bucket. It's almost full.. 😍

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

The system has changed so much and for the better. The system came out so much earlier then expected that not even MS employees knew which direction the console was going. All we know is that it was design for Win10/DX12 which only just came out. Releasing the console early was really just to hold onto as much market share as possible.

d21lewis said:
I own all of the consoles and (take it with a grain of salt because I preferred the 360, too) I can't figure out what else Xbox can do to win our love. The Xbox One pretty much dominates my home console time these days. People have voted with their wallets and the chose the other "one". I bet if more people gave it a try, they'd love it.

The problem is I can't keep up with the ps4 library, and then I have a WiiU as well that has suddenly been asking my attention again. (mario maker, xenoblade, fast racing)

So I don't know what XBox can do to get me back to owning all 3 consoles. Last gen I bought a ps3 for blu-rays then switched to multiplats on ps3 when my 360 broke a second time. So far my ps4 is still working and xbox one doesn't have that golden carrot that I must have.

A good rally game could have done it, Rallisport challenge revival, yet Dirt Rally is already coming to the ps4. (xbox one too) Plus upcoming ps4 exclusive suit my tastes better. The best lineup in xbox history, well I like Forza, yet I can live without it. Paying another online membership for just one game isn't very enticing. And I certainly have no need for more free games.

A better VR experience could have done it, yet MS doesn't even seem interested in it. I am very interested in it, so ps4 was the right choice there as well.

I know what could get me to buy one. A new model with 4K blu-ray player. Sony could release a revised ps4 with 4k blu-ray playback as well, but then it will make more sense to get an XBox One next to the ps4. Yet at the pace 4k blu-ray is going I doubt either one will do anything for it this gen. Actually the first player DMR-UBZ1 should be for sale now in Japan for about $3300. At least that includes the current 4k blu-ray catalog of 2 titles :)