By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware and software in OP!

Boutros said:
tbone51 said:
Boutros said:

Ok cool! Thanks

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Boutros said:

All new info:

Fallout 4 XBO bundle - ~158k
Splatoon Wii U bundle - ~140k
Rise of the Tomb Raider - ~201k; XBO: ~176k (~87.44%)
Star Wars Battlefront (PS4) - ~883k (~51.16%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4) - 2.14m (1.89m + ~251k from bundle)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO) - 1.93m
Fallout 4 < 2.38m (without bundles); PS4 < 1.26m (~53.11%)
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - ~18k
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival - ~36k
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - ~115k
Yo-Kai Watch - ~71k
Need For Speed < 390k; PS4 < 252k (~64.64%)
Super Mario Maker > 140k
Yoshi's Woolly World - ~97k
Splatoon - ~105k (without bundles)

There it is^

We have full Halo 5 numbers yet? With bundle and without?

>1.3m inc bundles. (Ltd)

Smash Wii U ~190k inc bundles (Nov)

Nice to see Splatoon still strong.

tbone51 said:
Smash U and Splatoon bundle sold 140k!!!

Other bundles

4 III 251k
1 FO4 158k

FO4 bundle seemed to have underperformed.

tbone51 said:
Boutros add this too to OP...

Pokemon SMD 115k
YW 71k
AC: Amiibo Festival 36k
Mario Tennis 18k

Not bad for YW, others..... Well Pokemon isnt bad but its not good either lol

Pokemon did well for a side series and i expected at least 200k for yokai. Animal crossing and Mario tennis flopped hard.

Boutros said:

All new info:

Fallout 4 XBO bundle - ~158k
Splatoon Wii U bundle - ~140k
Rise of the Tomb Raider - ~201k; XBO: ~176k (~87.44%)
Star Wars Battlefront (PS4) - ~883k (~51.16%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4) - 2.14m (1.89m + ~251k from bundle)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO) - 1.93m

Fallout 4 < 2.38m (without bundles); PS4 < 1.26m (~53.11%)
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - ~18k
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival - ~36k
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - ~115k
Yo-Kai Watch - ~71k
Need For Speed < 390k; PS4 < 252k (~64.64%)
Super Mario Maker > 140k
Yoshi's Woolly World - ~97k
Splatoon - ~105k (without bundles)

Those are really good sales considering the bundle wasn't available everywhere.

Around 900k seems liek really bad numbers for such a game.

Vgcharts has this game way overtracked in the US: VGChartz #s ps4- 2.49m x1 2.3

Nice legs

Hiku said:
AsGryffynn said:

That means they'd have to sell over 100 million each, since the PS2 sold nearly 200 million units...

If anything I expect them to go slightly over the 360+PS3 figures. The PS4 by a sizable margin and the Xbox One slightly above it...

PS2 sold 155m, which isn't nearly 200m.
But are you seriously expecting these kind of numbers?

• PS4 - 215 million
  • XONE - 197 million

That's about double, and more than double of what people expect.
Let's say XB1 hits 20m at the end of December. That's an average of 10m per year. If it keeps doing 10m every year and never declines, it will take over 8,5 years for it to match what X360 did. And to reach your 197 million prediction, it would take 20 years.
Are you expecting XB1 sales to triple in the the coming years or something? 30m per year from now on? Because that's the only way it would reach 197m within 8 years.

What kind of crazy math have you been doing here? o.o

Odd... I really thought I had seen 200 million around somewhere... perhaps I mistook them for generation wide numbers...

And those predictions were when I thought the PS2 sold 200M. If it sold 155M, then I need to revise them. The XONE ones were mostly me going by the ongoing trend of the XONE always trailing behind the PS4 by 10-15M units...

That said, if the growth stays the same, we know it'll be upwards of 80M for sure...

Around the Network

In the end The Order 1886 (PS4) outsells Tomb raider (XB1) during the holidays and with a 20% less install base. Guess exclusives during the holidays matters more right?

Farsala said:
In the end The Order 1886 (PS4) outsells Tomb raider (XB1) during the holidays and with a 20% less install base. Guess exclusives during the holidays matters more right?

Don't tell me... I was among those who slapped themselves after seeing MS releasing RotTR on the same day as Fallout 4. I remember we cancelled a bet the moment they announced the date...

AsGryffynn said:
Farsala said:

Don't tell me... I was among those who slapped themselves after seeing MS releasing RotTR on the same day as Fallout 4. I remember we cancelled a bet the moment they announced the date...

Question is. What is the best release date for a game like that? February, September? Clearly all guns during the holidays isn't always the best choice.

You guys should know that tomb raider underworld is really overtacked for Xbox 360. Game actually only did slightly better than Rise of The Tomb Raider did on 360/one combined. (US)

So black ops 3 sold more on current gen Playstation than xbox in the US. That's the first time that's happened in at least 10 years. Maybe cod3 sold more on ps2 than xbox but that's the last time.

Sony chose wisely getting that deal and the gap will only widen the longer it goes on.