By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 97 Advantages of being female

Lawlight said:
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

You could hire babysitters and maids and your wife do absolute nothing but still request half the money. So?

Or the ex-husband could empty the bank accounts, hide the money and cheat on his tax returns to avoid paying alimony. Meanwhile the ex-wife is trying to make ends meet through food stamps living in community housing with the 2 kids, unable to afford lawyer fees. That's a true story.

Btw, nowadays half of the marital assets is half of the debt...

Lol, hide money on his tax returns? What kind of backwards country do you live in? When I do my taz returns, they already have all my earnings from bank interests, salary, dividents paid prefilled. You can't hide money easily.

Everyone needs to get a prenup so that they don't get cleaned up in case things don't go as planned.

That is if you have a paycheck... but any money you receive unnacounted could be hide. Not exactly easy, but not uncommon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Feminists: (heavy breathing)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Lawlight said:
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:
Aielyn said:

I'm pretty sure the author is male. I wasn't as confident about it until I got to number 14.

"14. If I marry and quit my job and enjoy a leisurely life with light housework and then later divorce I will be given half of the marital assets."

"a leisurely life with light housework".

You could hire babysitters and maids and your wife do absolute nothing but still request half the money. So?

Or the ex-husband could empty the bank accounts, hide the money and cheat on his tax returns to avoid paying alimony. Meanwhile the ex-wife is trying to make ends meet through food stamps living in community housing with the 2 kids, unable to afford lawyer fees. That's a true story.

Btw, nowadays half of the marital assets is half of the debt...

Lol, hide money on his tax returns? What kind of backwards country do you live in? When I do my taz returns, they already have all my earnings from bank interests, salary, dividents paid prefilled. You can't hide money easily.

Everyone needs to get a prenup so that they don't get cleaned up in case things don't go as planned.

He runs his own small company (lawn care, snow ploughing). Off the books payments are still huge in certain sectors. It's very easy to hide earnings.
It was all a clusterfuck anyway, teen pregnancy, unfinished school (remedied now including college degree), prenup wasn't considered.

sc94597 said:
SvennoJ said:

Metroid33slayer said:

4. Women have the right to be assumed (competent) caregivers for children

4. Blame biology.

How is this reply not sexist? Being a competent caregiver is minimally biological. There are many men who can take care of their children better than many women. 

How is nature not sexist.
But true, certainly plenty men can take better care of their children than the natural mother. However, out of experience, the worst for young kids is indecisiveness and long procedures. Even worse is when the kids become pawns or bargaining chips in the divorce procedure. In the case where both seem competent I'm fine with given the woman priority at first, and sort it out after the divorce is settled.
Of course when the kids are old enough they already have a say, and when there is doubt child protective services investigates.

There are probably over 200 disadvantages to being a female also, especially if you live in a 3rd world or developing country. Overall being born a male still for the most part pretty much guarantees you a easier life.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
sethnintendo said:

Men that sleep with a lot of women = studs.  Women that sleep with a lot of guys = sluts. 

Men get paid more than women for the same job and usually are given more opportunity for advancement. 

We don't have periods.

We have women make our sandwiches.

I have no idea how people come to the "same job" argument. Plenty of men do the same job but get different pay. Does it take into consideration experience and seniority when these studies are made? 2 people can have the same role but the number of hours out in, experience, seniority and productivity could be different.

What about men who can't get laid vs. women who can't get laid? One is a loser (like a poster in this thread said) and the other is pure.

The only other people calling a man who can't get laid a loser are most likely other men. It's also something that doesn't need to be disclosed with other people so that's a really weak example of a male disadvantage. Yes there are obviously advantages to both genders but this list completely missed any of them even with having 97 examples. 

There should have been an immediate red flag as soon as everyone saw the first example was about how men couldn't hit a woman. Instead you'd rather defend against women feeling safe leaving an establishment after hours...

They forgot one in the Male Privilege:

47. In many countries, I'm much less likely to be aborted by my parents if they know I'm going to be a boy. And if my parents don't find out that I'm a boy until after I'm born, I'm much less likely to be given up for adoption.

But they also forgot one in the Female Privilege:

98. If I'm gay, I'm far less likely to be ostracized for my sexual orientation. In fact, if my female partner and I are both attractive, we might even be encouraged to share our sexual experiences.

hollabackenny said:
Lawlight said:

I have no idea how people come to the "same job" argument. Plenty of men do the same job but get different pay. Does it take into consideration experience and seniority when these studies are made? 2 people can have the same role but the number of hours out in, experience, seniority and productivity could be different.

What about men who can't get laid vs. women who can't get laid? One is a loser (like a poster in this thread said) and the other is pure.

The only other people calling a man who can't get laid a loser are most likely other men. It's also something that doesn't need to be disclosed with other people so that's a really weak example of a male disadvantage. Yes there are obviously advantages to both genders but this list completely missed any of them even with having 97 examples. 

There should have been an immediate red flag as soon as everyone saw the first example was about how men couldn't hit a woman. Instead you'd rather defend against women feeling safe leaving an establishment after hours...

So i guess that logic throws the slut argument out the window.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

SvennoJ said:
sc94597 said:
SvennoJ said:

Metroid33slayer said:

4. Women have the right to be assumed (competent) caregivers for children

4. Blame biology.

How is this reply not sexist? Being a competent caregiver is minimally biological. There are many men who can take care of their children better than many women. 

How is nature not sexist.
But true, certainly plenty men can take better care of their children than the natural mother. However, out of experience, the worst for young kids is indecisiveness and long procedures. Even worse is when the kids become pawns or bargaining chips in the divorce procedure. In the case where both seem competent I'm fine with given the woman priority at first, and sort it out after the divorce is settled.
Of course when the kids are old enough they already have a say, and when there is doubt child protective services investigates.

Because how qualified a parent is depends on much more than natural sex and/or gender. If the roles were reversed and women were not afforded a right because of "nature" or the perception thereof would you be defending your claim? Should women, for example, not be hired in computer science or engineering because they are naturally predisposed not to be interested in their fields on average, and might not perform up to task? Individualism is key here. Sex and/or gender does not determine competency on the individual level.