By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 97 Advantages of being female

Hm, pretty good points actually

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
DonFerrari said:
You didn't said much. You just highlighted and gave no input. So much was left to interpretation

That would be true, if I hadn't said "I'm pretty sure the author is male. I wasn't as confident about it until I got to number 14."

That gives the context to the rest of it. And from that, it should be pretty easy to comprehend what I was saying - clearly "housewives can't live lives of leisure" doesn't match with that first line of text.

Yeah, sure, i don't need clarevoyance to understand that because you think it was a man (that was obvious before the list even started) that you were disagreeing that the housewife life isn't that and not that it can be. Ok. I'll look for an online course on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

as someone who understands that all of this nonsense about "fighting for equality" and "stopping sexism" is just ideological manipulation being used on people that can't seem to comprehend certain underlying facts of reality ( the sexes are different and will therefore never be equal ) i still think that this list is a joke

its kind of hilarious to me though that the guys who are going to bat for women ( and of course you should but not if your backing is based on lies ) here a lot the time are simply resorting to either calling the persons who bring up points like these as bitter virgins or resorting to placing women in the position of being inherently weaker

i thought that the purpose of going to bat for women was to show that they do have value outside of their sexuality and that they really are as strong as men?

this is the part of the this whole thing that always galls me... the very people who claim they are pushing for women's emancipation very often do their part to place women back into the weaker position...

why does the sexualisation of women in the media ( like the recent case of r mika in street fighter ) and not men have to stop? because apparently women are weaker than men and can't handle depictions of more attractive members of their gender even though men put up with it

o_O.Q said:

why does the sexualisation of women in the media ( like the recent case of r mika in street fighter ) and not men have to stop? because apparently women are weaker than men and can't handle depictions of more attractive members of their gender even though men put up with it

I don't think sexualization of men and women is the same. In one case you have a character wearing clothes that are incredibly unconfortable for combat or boobs defying physics, both of which I find absolutely embarrassing. I don't think we get close ups of men's bulges, just shirtless scenes at best. Even the rare naked scenes are clearly meant to be a joke and I doubt anyone would get aroused by them. This whole fan-service makes me, personally, uncomfortable to play certain games like Persona 4:G which other than that was great.

Aielyn said:
naruball said:
It seems to me that the author's point is that while it's mostly ok for a woman to decide to be a housewife, if for whatever reason a man decides to do the same, it's much more likely that he will be ridiculed for his decision. In most societies it's still not ok for a man not to have a job. 

If the author had said that, there might have been some small sliver of reasonability. But when the author put the emphasis on "leisurely life with light housework" rather than using a phrase like "without being ridiculed for the choice", he (and I'm pretty confident it's a "he") demonstrated quite clearly what he thinks about the concepts of house wives and house husbands.

I agree. The way it's written makes the author seem bitter, but if you get passed that, you realise that there are many good points to be found in the list that he's made. I suppose he wrote it in a way that would infuriate some and thus get more clicks. It's a terrible practise, but I still think that not everything he mentions should be dismissed because of his terrible attitude.

Around the Network

hnnnngggg

Reading this is so cringeworthy... You do realize that you're only contributing to boost the popularity a few "über"-feminists have by posting stuff like this?

There are many cases were men are discriminated as well. Some of them are even rather big issues. But that doesn't mean there are issues on the other side of the fence. Shit like this just comes off as just as ridiculous as some of the "super feminist" stuff. "Feminists" that want females to have more and better rights than men aren't real feminists, and they aren't in the majority.

Teeqoz said:
hnnnngggg

Reading this is so cringeworthy... You do realize that you're only contributing to boost the popularity a few "über"-feminists have by posting stuff like this?

There are many cases were men are discriminated as well. Some of them are even rather big issues. But that doesn't mean there are issues on the other side of the fence. Shit like this just comes off as just as ridiculous as some of the "super feminist" stuff. "Feminists" that want females to have more and better rights than men aren't real feminists, and they aren't in the majority.

I see this as the other side of the fence

naruball said:
Teeqoz said:
hnnnngggg

I see this as the other side of the fence

Lol, true

Jumpin said:

Men's rights activist is the polite way of saying pathetic basement virgin.

Truer words have never been spoken.

DeusXmachina said:
Jumpin said:

Men's rights activist is the polite way of saying pathetic basement virgin.

Truer words have never been spoken.

While I'm not a mens rights activist this is probably one of the most disgusting things I've read on this website