By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 97 Advantages of being female

Soundwave said:

Regular men still have many advantages over regular women. Look if being a woman is so great, these days a man can become a woman, lol. Have at it if you think it's so fantastic. 

And really the "increased value" that an attractive woman has is only such because she has something to offer men. 

i'm just asking you to elaborate on what these advantages are... i've noticed that generally people just throw these comments out and never really explain them and often if things are questioned then the person asking is a bitter misogynist or a mra or whatever other boogeyman title that is used to stifle enquiry

with regards to "increased value" that applies to men also... you don't get successful in a vacuum but because you offer value to the world/community

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Soundwave said:

Regular men still have many advantages over regular women. Look if being a woman is so great, these days a man can become a woman, lol. Have at it if you think it's so fantastic. 

And really the "increased value" that an attractive woman has is only such because she has something to offer men. 

i'm just asking you to elaborate on what these disadvantages are... i've noticed that generally people just throw these comments out and never really explain them and often if things are questioned then the person asking is a bitter misogynist or a mra or whatever other boogeyman title that is used to stifle enquiry

Not having to push a ten pound baby from in between their legs is a pretty fair advantage I'd say. Men dominate positions of power most of the time too, we run the political, economic, and media by and large in every country in the world. Men run the world. 

Yes women get a few perks here and there, but nothing that I as a man would want to trade my position for theirs. Even being an attractive woman ... that all goes to shit once your looks go or someone prettier than you steps into the room. 

But as a man ... as long as you don't sit around whining all day and build a successful life, you can be 50/60/70 and still be the belle of the ball. 

Look at movies even, actors like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt and many others are still allowed to be successful leading men into their 50s+ ... but most actresses are dumped to the side of the road after 40 (really more like 35). 

Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

a successful man actually has to put in a lot of effect to achieve his success though... whereas looks are an inherent part of you

so i'd actually put attractive women first on the rung

and why is a regular woman in a worse position than a regular man?

Very good argument. Let's say to women that if they think being a Man is so much better they just have to become a man or man up.

Yes, or other woman... what purpose good looks would have if another person wouldn't find it pretty?

Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

i'm just asking you to elaborate on what these disadvantages are... i've noticed that generally people just throw these comments out and never really explain them and often if things are questioned then the person asking is a bitter misogynist or a mra or whatever other boogeyman title that is used to stifle enquiry

Not having to push a ten pound baby from in between their legs is a pretty fair advantage I'd say. Men dominate positions of power most of the time too, we run the political, economic, and media by and large in every country in the world. Men run the world. 

Yes women get a few perks here and there, but nothing that I as a man would want to trade my position for theirs. Even being an attractive woman ... that all goes to shit once your looks go or someone prettier than you steps into the room. 

But as a man ... as long as you don't sit around whining all day and build a successful life, you can be 50/60/70 and still be the belle of the ball. 

Look at movies even, actors like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt and many others are still allowed to be successful leading men into their 50s+ ... but most actresses are dumped to the side of the road after 40 (really more like 35). 

There are plenty of very good and famous actress over 70. If you are only talking about sex appeal them you are being the sexist and objectfying on both genders.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Any thread on advantages of being male? ;)

Soundwave said:
o_O.Q said:

women are not forced to have children that is a choice that is up to them to make 

" Men dominate positions of power " "Men run the world"

how is that an advantage for you an average man who i assume holds no position of power?

does the fact that men have positions of power mean that you get more tax breaks?

are you given special incentives?

no actually the vast majority of concessions go the way of women... this is why for example they currently are dominating in education 

"But as a man ... as long as you don't sit around whining all day and build a successful life, you can be 50/60/70"

you aren't explaining how this differs for women who as far as i know can apply themselves and become successful just like any man can and do so routinely

"Look at movies even"

not a good example since movies and who becomes successful in movies is all about public perception and regardless there are examples like meryl streep

Around the Network
walterbates said:
Any thread on advantages of being male? ;)

One should be not having to decide whether it's better to pose as male on the internet and in online gaming.

o_O.Q said:
RadiantDanceMachine said:
You forgot the biggest one - the feminist movement isn't a threat to you.

i'd argue that any movement that tries to force me to keep my legs squeezed together.... in effect squeezing my balls, is a threat to me

huh? Do you even feminism?

RadiantDanceMachine said:
o_O.Q said:

i'd argue that any movement that tries to force me to keep my legs squeezed together.... in effect squeezing my balls, is a threat to me

huh? Do you even feminism?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3220236/Know-feeling-man-train-hogs-space-come-ladies-Let-s-war-manspreading.html

https://www.rt.com/usa/263473-nyc-subway-manspreading-arrests/?

o_O.Q said:
Soundwave said:

women are not forced to have children that is a choice that is up to them to make 

" Men dominate positions of power " "Men run the world"

how is that an advantage for you an average man who i assume holds no position of power?

does the fact that men have positions of power mean that you get more tax breaks?

are you given special incentives?

no actually the vast majority of concessions go the way of women... this is why for example they currently are dominating in education 

"But as a man ... as long as you don't sit around whining all day and build a successful life, you can be 50/60/70"

you aren't explaining how this differs for women who as far as i know can apply themselves and become successful just like any man can and do so routinely

"Look at movies even"

not a good example since movies and who becomes successful in movies is all about public perception and regardless there are examples like meryl streep

It's easier for you as a man to get into institutions of power provided you're willing to do work. Politics, economy, media are primarily controlled by men, if you want to break into those areas, no one bats an eyelash, but as a woman you likely will get tested more or have more assumptions thrown at you (ie: you're weak, not tough enough, men won't respect your authority, etc.). 

Men aren't "forced" to do anything, most of the things men complain about, they're not "forced" into, so complaining that a good looking girl gets into a nightclub before you do for example ... no one's exactly holding a gun to your head to go to the club. And there is considerable societal pressure on women to have children, in fact its drilled into them over and over again by family and society that they have a "ticking clock". Guys can goof around in their 20s and well into their 30s and it's just "oh guys being guys" ... but there's much more pressure on a woman to get her "shit together" relationship wise earlier IMO. 

I don't as a man have to worry about my body dramatically changing after we have kids either. No thanks ladies ... I'll keep my dick, you can keep your token "advantages" like being maybe one of the 5-10% of good looking women that get some benefit like being able to get out of the odd speeding ticket. 

There's no short cut in life, no one really gets anything for free, if you're going to sit around and whine that you can't make it life because X/Y/Z is holding you back you're never going to get anywhere, I don't care if you're a woman, man, white, black, asian, brown, whatever. 

Ok.  All of this BS falls into a few categories.

1) Women have babies, and we generally try to keep them from starving.

EX. "6. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an “essential” status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age."

X If you think that this is an essential status, go to a nursing home.  See how essential old women are treated.

"25. My gender enjoys more government spending on health than males do."

Yes, because women have babies, which is pretty costly.  And maternity spending also benefits fathers, and male babies.

So yeah.  People are calling the fact that women have extra health care needs an advantage... That's a glass half full way of putting it.  I'd say pregnancy is kind of a bummer.  Think about it, would you like to get pregnant?  If not, then having babies is not an advantage.

And by the way...

"6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to."

No social stigma for abortion?  Has this person been to America?  Like... ever? 

2) Women have the right not to be raped.

"5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex."

What in the actual fuck is this?  Women and men have the equal amount of reproductive choice.  If you want to fuck someone, you fuck them.  If you don't, you don't.  If men don't want to fuck, then they can control the reproductive choice of women. 

3)   Can you believe that they make stuff for women?  Fuck the free market.

"24. I have a department of women’s health whereas men have no such department."

"23. Seven times as much jewelry will be purchased by or for me than by or for men."

"22. The majority of luxury apparel is designed, marketed to, and consumed by women."

"37. Not only is there a wealth of clothing choices designed for me but it is likely that I will be able to afford or have them provided for me"

What the fuck would be in a men's health department?  Vitamins and extenze pills?  And if women buying more jewelry is a problem, buy some more damn jewelry for yourself instead of your girl.   And buy some luxury apparel.  Nobody is stopping you.  Just because women choose to so something more than men, doesn't mean it's an advantage, it's a choice both genders have.  Supply and fucking demand.  I mean, sporting goods, power tools, and fleshlights are marketed to and consumed mostly by men, but nobody is complaining about that.

4) Men are nice to pretty women, probably because they want to fuck them.

"2. If I’m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working."

"11. When I’m on a date things will be paid for me.

21. My gender controls 80% of domestic spending. We get to spend our money if we have any and we get to spend men’s money.

72. People I’ve never met before are more likely to open doors for me.

73. People I’ve never met before are more likely to talk to me in public.

74. If I go to a bar I can expect that members of the opposite sex will purchase drinks for me."

Personally, I don't want strangers to talk to me, and I'm sure many women feel the same way.  The rest of this comes from men being nicer to women that they want to fuck.  If men have a problem with this, slam doors, marry an uggo, don't give her money, and don't buy drinks.  Simple.  This isn't an inherent advantage in being female, it is a choice made by men.

5) Women don't get drafted.

"18. At age 18 I will not be forced to register for Selective Service and will not be penalized for failing to do so.

7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.

68. I can get student financial aid without signing up for Selective Service (the Draft).

69. I can get employment with a federal agency without signing up for Selective Service.

19. At a time of war I will never be drafted and ripped from my employment, home, and family and forced to become a military slave."

The same damn thing said in 5 different ways.  If they wanted to pad the hell out of this list, why not pad it to 100?  And this was not something women asked for.

6) Women can think what they want.

"56. If a man is promoted over me at work I have a right to suspect sexism even though I also believe that under adverse circumstances men are more capable than women of making good decisions

67. I think it is my right to work and I am unconcerned if the influx of women into the workforce has reduced overall wages to the point that it’s hard to support a family on just one income, or affirmative action has kept men from being promoted even though they deserved it.

48. I expect a man to ask me to marry me and suffer the potential risk of rejection.

31. If I fail at my career I can blame the male dominated society."

If I fail at work I can, and do, blame Whitney Houston.  Everybody has the right to think, believe, expect, or blame anything they want.  Who the fuck is going to stop you?  

One exception.  You do not have the right to think that this article or whatever it is, is anything more than a piece of shit.  I'm not a big fan of feminism, but I'm a big enemy of stupidity.