By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - week ending 06/12/15

Well...

Lukewarm start for Mario & Luigi; terrible start for Youkai Watch.  Terrible start for that FuRyu Vita game as well.

Don't know what to make of Civ Rev.  It's not a disaster, only a little bit down from the PS3 game, hardly seemed worth making though.

3DS has held very well.  PS4; WiiU and Vita are all doing well compared to the same time last year as well (well Vita less so, but considering it's had nothing relevant for a while it's decent).

Around the Network

Decent PS4 numbers. Not bad PS Vita numbers, tbh they are pretty good considering PS Vita got no big game these holidays.
Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition got a nice bump. Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition with a bad first week. Bloodborne doing good. Wish that they would have tracked Bloodborne: The Old Hunters and Bloodborne as one SKU. Anyway, this are really the worst holidays ever in Japan looking at these numbers overall...

Kresnik said:

Well...

Lukewarm start for Mario & Luigi; terrible start for Youkai Watch.  Terrible start for that FuRyu Vita game as well.

Don't know what to make of Civ Rev.  It's not a disaster, only a little bit down from the PS3 game, hardly seemed worth making though.

3DS has held very well.  PS4; WiiU and Vita are all doing well compared to the same time last year as well (well Vita less so, but considering it's had nothing relevant for a while it's decent).

I think i have seen that somewhere else too! lol :P Krezzie! :P

Splatoon this week almost beat mk8 best holiday week last year.

Splatoon could have a 50k+ week, possibly if it keeps its increases do 70k-90k in the biggest week.

Im and Splatoon over 1mil and counting!

Dat Nintendo domination and holiday bump, but that Splatoon is unstoppable.

Around the Network

That's quite a big difference between trackers on Nintendo's hardware numbers.

It's nice to see that Japan decided to give the middle finger to Youkai-Watch's and Animal Crossing's Wii U cash grabs.

outlawauron said:
Is that a new PS4 release of Minecraft? I was certain it's already had a retail release....

It only had a digital release (last year 2014 December 25th).

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

uran10 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Did not expect Wii-U to be that high. Looks like it will take quite a bit longer before PS4 passes it in Japan.

How did you not expect Wii U to be that high? I honestly expected higher based on the % increase from the previous years. This is the smallest first week of december bump Its gotten.

Precentage-wise yes... In hard numbers the bump is the same with the same week of 2014, +12k, from 12k to 24k in 2013 and from 20k to 32k? What would you expect? Let's not have avid expectations... Much to one's surprise 2015 kills 2014, just with the retro-spective boost of two games, splatoon and super mario maker!

By the way, same week last year, it was when super smash bros U was released!

Wow! Major difference there..........
Wii U almost beating PS4 in MC!
I think MHX is the most selling game this year in Japan? And in just 2 weeks!
3DS over 100k againn in MC!!!!!!!!
Great to see Splatoon! SMM! YWB! And AC:HHD hold up pretty well!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

MK8 vs Splatoon Holiday season (retail only)

19.2k - 35.2k
24.9k -
34.3k -
38.6k -
28.4k -