By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake issue, buy the pieces or wait for the full game?

Tagged games:

 

What would you do?

Buy each piece at launch/close to it 48 24.24%
 
Buy it whole, waiting for years 111 56.06%
 
Buy nothing 39 19.70%
 
Total:198

In case it is episodic? Can they do that with a game like this one and keep the entire world? I can see on more linear games to work, but not on this kind of RPGs.



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Soonerman said:
I saw a great quote on IGN btw which brings me to the question, why are you fans still defending their decision to do this episodic/in parts because"they can't fit it in one disc.'?

"if Bethesda with much less money than Square can fit Elder Scrolls Skyrim with all its details and intricacies, FF7 can too. Square just likes money more than Bethesda."

The difference between Bethesda and Square is that Square isn't ok with releasing a broken game. They want to have big, open world that actually polish and isn't full of countless bugs, crashes, and glitches.

Not to mention how the comparison just doesn't work as Final Fantasy has far more variety and enemies/items/bosses than Skyrim. There's far more work to be done to it.

With the exception of Final Fantasy XIV of course

Although, Square's reaction post-launch does prove your point that they aren't okay with having a broken game out.



Signature goes here!

Pavolink said:
In case it is episodic? Can they do that with a game like this one and keep the entire world? I can see on more linear games to work, but not on this kind of RPGs.


They said

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

So it's likely more like a trilogy or something like that than what people are speculating about it(being episodic and all).



TruckOSaurus said:
outlawauron said:

The difference between Bethesda and Square is that Square isn't ok with releasing a broken game. They want to have big, open world that actually polish and isn't full of countless bugs, crashes, and glitches.

Not to mention how the comparison just doesn't work as Final Fantasy has far more variety and enemies/items/bosses than Skyrim. There's far more work to be done to it.

With the exception of Final Fantasy XIV of course

Although, Square's reaction post-launch does prove your point that they aren't okay with having a broken game out.


Square released a bad game,not a broken one ( i think ) and they never go denying it. FF14 proves what outlwauron is saying. The game bothered them so much that they completely changed it making it one of the best mmos ever made.

Now bethesda lies games will be released in a proper state, games release broken or with HORRIBLE performance, they keep denying game have problems, their PR lies saying they are playing the game and the game its fantastic and runs perfect and they could care less about fixing it or when they go and try they ruin more than they fix. xD



 

Pavolink said:
In case it is episodic? Can they do that with a game like this one and keep the entire world? I can see on more linear games to work, but not on this kind of RPGs.


I could see this model working WAY better with other games, like Final Fantasy 10, or The Legend of Dragoon.
LoD actually is already divided in four chapters in the original game, the places are connected in the world, and it's heavily focused on story telling and fighting rather than exploration.

FF7 may be hard to take on that route. Maybe the vehicle scheme may the be the way. The game map is naturally blocked in various places until you go getting certain vehicles to be able to explore it more and reach other places, so they can create a overall world map but work on it by pieces while it goes on, so you'll just be able to reach a certain place in episode 3 anyway, so that cuts the content need on the first episode both to be worked on and delivered within the game. They did break the game in 3 disks already anyway, they probably can work it out.

So in the end, it can still actually work.



Around the Network

I'm waiting until it's all released.



TruckOSaurus said:
outlawauron said:

The difference between Bethesda and Square is that Square isn't ok with releasing a broken game. They want to have big, open world that actually polish and isn't full of countless bugs, crashes, and glitches.

Not to mention how the comparison just doesn't work as Final Fantasy has far more variety and enemies/items/bosses than Skyrim. There's far more work to be done to it.

With the exception of Final Fantasy XIV of course

Although, Square's reaction post-launch does prove your point that they aren't okay with having a broken game out.

FF14 1.0 had a ton of problems absolutely. Was broken in a lot of mechanical ways, but not quite in the same way as you'd think. From a technical perspective, it actually was better than 2.0 in some ways.



"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

You know each "episode" is going to be the size of full games and probably cost $60, right?

A complete version won't probably be out for years after.

Maybe one year after the last one as a next generation remaster, but that would be a best case.




 

 

 

 

 

It depends on the price. If the first episode is reasonably priced, I'll get it, probably satisfy my nostalgia itch with it and forget about the rest. If it's a full price game, I'll wait until the full series is available before deciding what it's worth.



tiffac said:
If its like a trilogy format. I will buy each game.

However, if it ends up in an episodic manner like Life is Strange then I'll wait for years for the bulk before buying.


Exactly my thoughts on it



Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN