By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Monolith Soft work on an open world pokemon game for nx?

Should they?

Yes 85 42.71%

No, they should make a new xenoblade 59 29.65%

No, but they should make ... 55 27.64%

Total:199

While I don't think the idea is horrible, I do think that Monolith Soft provides a nice balance to Nintendo's library and just listing them as yet another Pokemon developer would be removing part of what's so great about them.

Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best Wii titles, while Xenoblade Chronicles X is one of the best Wii U titles. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they are able to do next, whether it's another Xeno game or something entirely different.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

No they should work on Xenoblade Chronicles X sequels to finish the story they started in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I'd say that they have more experience, and if a Pokemon open-world RPG game were to be made, Monolith Soft should at least help out with its development since GameFreak isn't competent enough at this point for doing something like that.

Wow. That would be awesome. I would, however, want to see what else Monolith Soft could come up with.

Quite frankly, as long as I get a console Pokemon RPG, akin to Colosseum or XD, I'm happy. The developer is less important to me. Genius Sonority may have made those two, but are they big enough to make a ninth generation console title to be considered a worthy successor?

Nintendo, you need to expand!

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Monolith is doing a great job at Xenoblade, so I don't see the need for them to make a spin-off game, despite me wanting a breath of fresh air for the Pokemon franchise..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

The Pokemon company probably wouldn't let them.

Hey, somebody needs to do it. It won't be them but Nintendo knows that this needs to happen.

Just retexture the game world, replace monsters with Pokemon, and profit.

No, Pokémon is a game that is supposed to be very simple so that young kids can easily get into it with no trouble. Things like breeding and the competitive scene give it the complexity in needs for veteran and hardcore players but it's a very scalable game at its core that can be played by virtually anybody.

Monolith isn't a very good candidate for a game like that as their games are very complex and appeal to a small niche.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

An open world Pokemon would be nice, but I don't think Monolith Soft is a right fit for the job.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."