By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Monolith Soft work on an open world pokemon game for nx?

Should they?

Yes 85 42.71%

No, they should make a new xenoblade 59 29.65%

No, but they should make ... 55 27.64%

Total:199

since when is 20 years unexperiened

the last fw pokemong games have been kind of open world so i dint see the problem

Around the Network

no

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

No, just let them do their own thing

Until they overhaul the singleplayer to where it's actually a reason to buy the game, Pokemon should stay away from open worlds, as otherwise it's a ton of wasted effort when you may aswell have made it a Stadium game.

spurgeonryan said:
Yes, Nintendo for some reason underestimates the awesomeness that a Console. ..real console game.....pokemon game would be.

I don't think they underestimate it... they just know that it would cost a massive amount of money and time, not to mention make the portable games look tame unless they restricted it somehow in terms of available Pokemon or activities.

Around the Network

Sure, I would be fine with them working on a pokemon game on the NX, just let.. someone else handle the characters and pokemon. Monolith's character models look awful.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

JNK said:
Nem said:
No.

Should game freak? Yes!

For the NX? No. Don't even know what that is.

gamefreak is to small and to unexperienced to do such a game.

With help from another developer/Nintendo? Yes!

There you go.

My point is: keep your pokémon out of my Xenoblade. Pokémon games not made by the pokémon company end up badly... so its best if they direct that project.

20pdemau said:

the last fw pokemong games have been kind of open world so i dint see the problem

you have obviously absolutly no idea what your talking about

JNK said:
20pdemau said:

you have obviously absolutly no idea what your talking about

Despite poor grammar n spelling, I think he means they've added a more mmo-like element to the games, which is true thanks to the PSS, a way to be connected to all players at all times.

if monolith wouldnt had done an xenoblade but an open world pokemon game with am similar/same world, similar combat system and co, the wii u would had easily passed 30mio sales+.

Pokemon go is just prooving how strong this brand is. Wasting all that menpower of monolith to work on an non mainstream niche game is just dumb. nintendo could do so much better.