By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best platformer on Wii U?

Tagged games:

?

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 97 31.60%

Super Mario 3D World 135 43.97%

Rayman Legends 45 14.66%

Yoshi's Woolly World 13 4.23%

Other 16 5.21%

Total:306

Rayman Legends. Still this day I play the online daily and weekly challenges every day. Almost at 10 million Lums so far.

Around the Network

DK: Tropical Freeze takes it for me. I love the challenge, each time I hear that death jingle I just have to try again. @_@

Runner up would be Shantae or Guacamelee. Unless those don't count for some reason.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Dravenet7 said:
The best one hands down is Super Mario Maker
It also happens to be the worst one hands down

Good point! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mario 3D World, followed by DKC: TF and Rayman.

"DKC: Tropical Freeze" is my personal fave. Nearly a perfect 10. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

When I had a Wii U, I only played DKC Tropical Freeze and Mario 3D World. I enjoyed Mario 3D World more.

I freaking loved Sonic Lost World! I consider Lego City Undercover a platformer. One of the very best! Rayman legends turned me off at first but I got so sucked in that I completed 100%!

3D World of course. Any 3d Mario beats virtually any other platformer in existence in my book.

For me it's DK. It was fun going through the game for the first time but the real fun started when I went back and tried to get all the collectables and lock up all the extra stages. Then after 100%ing it I didn't feel done yet and started to 200% it. I managed to do so and turns out I had even more fun doing this!

In addition to that I played through the game in co-op which also was a lot of fun. :)

Tropical freeze hands down!