By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best platformer on Wii U?

Tagged games:

?

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 97 31.60%

Super Mario 3D World 135 43.97%

Rayman Legends 45 14.66%

Yoshi's Woolly World 13 4.23%

Other 16 5.21%

Total:306

There's certainly no lack of choice when it comes to platforming games on Wii U.

But which is the best in your opinion, and why?

Around the Network

3DW followed by Tropical Freeze.

You forgot to put New super Mario bros u...

Shame on you! :P

Revise the poll, it can't miss a major platforming game! :P

SM3DW of course, I don't see why people complain so much about it, from the gameplay I've seen it looks simply amazing...

For me it's a tie between Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Rayman Legends. Both are fantastic games.

I love how fast paced Rayman is, the controls are fantastic, and the musical levels were a fun addition, they could've made a whole game around, but the best thing by far is it's fantastic art style. that game is just gorgeous,

Donkey Kong is soo good as well though. I love snooping out all the secrets, again, it controls fantastically and it has a nice challenge curve. The sountrack is one of my favorites.

Both underrated games imo.

Around the Network

Well best 2D is Tropical Freeze(there is only 3D World as a 3D platformer, so it dosnt really count).But as a platformer as a whole, i think 3D World is better.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Super Mario 3D World is pretty much my favorite platformer of all time, so I pick that one.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Nautilus said:
(there is only 3D World as a 3D platformer, so it dosnt really count).

Well, technically there's also Sonic Lost World and Sonic Boom, but I didn't think those would be competitive poll options. ;)

3D World is an amazing platformer, if I do say so myself.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Super Mario 3D World, followed by Yoshi's Woolly World.

I didn't play Rayman Legends on the Wii U, but it's a fantastic choice also.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread