By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The truth about PSX reactions: you are all spoiled and complain too much

I didn't have big expectations for the conference and came out pleasantly surprised. Wasn't expecting Ni-oh's gameplay and/or a reveal of Ni No Kuni 2. Sure it wasn't the greatest, but I expected nothing big from it anyway. A lot of people here have legitimate complaints. A few of you have....ulterior motives.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
JOKA_ said:
Whoops, didn't realize my opinion was wrong. Let me try again: 10/10 presentation

Didnt you know? Here in the internet there is only 1 correct answer! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

twintail said:
Conference was fine. Ppl are whining because they didn't get the game they wanted shown.

At least that is how it sounds.

Yep! Thats with like every e3, Live conference and directs. People get mad because they don't get what they want. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Well they had to go somewhere from that amazing E3. And now they have set it up for you to compare the next E3 to this keynote which imo is better for them.

Aerys said:
V-r0cK said:

and yes +Ni Oh gameplay!!!

Were people expecting this to be as big as E3? Well it was better than competitor's E3 that's for sure.

My thought too, so in a way it was better than E3

lol in that sense then yes indeed =)

Around the Network
DraconianAC said:
V-r0cK said:
People were disappointed with PSX??? I loved it!

+ Yakuza 5
+ Yakuza 0
+ FFVIIR gameplay footage
+ Ni No Kuni 2!!!!!

....for an event that's NOT E3 I gotta say that's pretty darn good.

+1 I liked it too, PS4 library is slowling shaping up nice and diverse.

That's one of the reasons why I love Playstation.  All these games coming out for PS4 gives me that nostalgic feeling I had with PS2 hehe

Ruler said:
You cant really be dissapointed if its the 4th conference by them. The competion had only 2

QFT

..and even as the 4th conference we still got ace combat, ni no kuni, and paragon (plus all those indies).  honestly,. gamers just need to be more tolarant that not every game ever needs to appeal to them.  maybe you don't personally care about rez being remastered for vr but i do.  maybe you don't personally care about fat princess adventures but i do.  i don't personally care about halo or CoD or titanfall or mgs or fallout but i don't go crying that a conference is complete shit and a 2/10 because they get announced and discussed.  diversity - it's a good thing.

Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:
No... it was an underwhelming line up.

We aren't spoiled, Sony just didn't have any major announcements.

Isn't expecting big announcements from the 4th big conference this year being spoiled? I mean it's not like they teased anything big.

Maybe too many conferences is the problem?

Anyhow, are people not allowed to be disappointed by an underwhelming lineup of titles? It was a lot of niche stuff and more info on games we already knew about.

I think that's kinda the point of the keynote. PSX is for PS fans, and to give more exposure to games that would never see the stage at E3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I think that's kinda the point of the keynote. PSX is for PS fans, and to give more exposure to games that would never see the stage at E3.

No, I think the PSX conference it win over more potential buyers. Sony doesn't need to put on a big show to get more money from Playstation fans.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Knowing it wasn't E3 or any other renown conference, I never expected anything like a megaton, a surprise, or something mindblowing or "one more thing". I just watched whatever they wanted to show, and I wasn't disappointed by it. New trailers for Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted and FF VII R, and Ni No Kuni 2. I mean, isn't that what people ask for at E3's when developers blabber about instead of showing the games? Also, people don't go there only for the conference, but also to play games on the showfloors. It's an experience, after all.