By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it save to say Zelda NX will be cross gen?

Do you think Zelda NX will be crossgen?

Yes, definitly 25 39.68%

No way. 18 28.57%

Only if Zelda Wii U is crossgen too 6 9.52%

Only if NX wont be successfull 9 14.29%

Only if NX is successfull 1 1.59%

See results 4 6.35%

Total:63
Cream147 said:
This is a hilarious question. Really need to pull the crystal ball out on that one. You're asking me to make a prediction regarding a Zelda game that probably hasn't even entered the pre-planning phase yet, on a console we know next to nothing about. But even better than that, you're asking me to make a prediction of whether this non-existent game will not only appear on this barely known about console, but also whether it will appear on the next console whose very existence is totally in doubt, and that neither Nintendo or us will know anything about at this stage. We probably won't know about the existence of the console you refer to for another 5 years.

Well, if the NX predictions weren't enough to drive us all crazy, just wait until you get a load of the NNX.

I want to revive this thread in 5 years, so i need predictions guys.

And there is also some sense in this topic: To decide wether its worthy to get the NX as a zelda fan, or you just need to buy every 2nd nintendo console to get the full zelda expierence.

EDIT:

Funny how 80% of the guys here on forums dont even read the OP and think we are talking about Zelda U.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Zelda U will almost assuredly be crossgen. The delay to Holiday 2016 coincides perfect with the heavily rumored NX launch window. It would honestly be dumb for Nintendo to not release a port of Zelda U on NX, considering the lofty first full year sales goal they have for NX (20m).

No idea if Zelda NX will be crossgen. That depends entirely upon NX sales, and on how long it takes MS/Sony to release 9th gen consoles.

Well even if NX will be extremly successfull and sell like Wii, just check what happened to skyward sword and wii u.

Skyward Sword sold bad (3-4 mio) on wii compared to many other 3d home console zelda games. 

If skyward Sword would be a wii u launch title instead of an wii title in the end of its lifecycle, im sure the game would had done much better and wii u would had done much better too.

So if nintendo really decided to make zelda wii u crossgen, it seems they dont really care about the old rule: "Every home console get its own installment of zelda" and an exclusive zelda game on nx would be unlikely imo.

And then again there woudlnt be any need for people who are buying nintendo consoles just for the zelda games to get NX at all. Better skip this and get Zelda NX on their 10th gen plattform.

Well this thread is confusing. What the hell is Zelda NX lol I thought u meant zelda u on wii u and NX. So no zelda NX will not be on wii U aswell

Nogamez said:
Well this thread is confusing. What the hell is Zelda NX lol I thought u meant zelda u on wii u and NX. So no zelda NX will not be on wii U aswell

Not on wii u. 

The question is: Will Zelda NX be NX exclusive or will it be crossgen on NX and NX2?

If they release Zelda U on NX to boost NX sales, its very likely they will do the same with the next Zelda game (zelda nx) to boost NX2 sales. Exspecially if you keep in mind the long development cycle of zelda games.

And then again there woudlnt be any need for people who are buying nintendo consoles just for the zelda games to get NX at all. Better skip this and get Zelda NX on their 10th gen plattform.

Metroid33slayer said:
This must be the 100th time this topic has titled in a thread, it is really getting old now.

really?

Around the Network

I have no idea honestly, uh..maybe?

But it's clever thread regardless. It got me thinking.

Going by your OP the neXt Zelda has a 25% chance to be exclusive to NX. That's still a significant chance and that means it's no way 'save to say' that it will not stay exclusive to NX. I'm interested however, if you would think a TLOU Situation negates exclusivity?

The WiiU+3DS have gotten so many Zelda remasters and virtual console releases this gen that it has sort of tuned into 'the Zelda generation' for me, so I think something similar could happen on the console after NX (if there is a traditional console after NX) and It could reviece NX Zelda as a port, remaster or virtual console release.
In that case it probably IS save to say it will be on the console after NX.

If it sells good on NX, it won't be cross gen.

SuperNova said:
Going by your OP the neXt Zelda has a 25% chance to be exclusive to NX. 

If all 4 mentioned options are same likely, than yes...it would be 25%. But do you realy think all 4 options are samle likely?

Making it cross gen would be awesome and a big plus for the NX launch. Id prefer a 1080p60 or 30 version of the game personally.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

JNK said:
SuperNova said:
Going by your OP the neXt Zelda has a 25% chance to be exclusive to NX. 

If all 4 mentioned options are same likely, than yes...it would be 25%. But do you realy think all 4 options are samle likely?

Well, that's where it gets into the 'uhh no idea' part of my answer comes in, because NX is sort of a wild cart.

I think it has a decent shot at becoming a success, Nintendo at least, seems pretty confident about it. But overall it's hard to tell how the market will react to a console that as of now we know nothing but rumors about. And since of the likelyhoods in your OP depend on just that, I can not really weigh them other than 25% each without pulling things out of.....nowhere.

I feel like options 1.2 and 2.2 are also flawed because we have no gurantee to know if Nintendo would even make a new system if the NX fails, wich sort of makes them less likely.

We also don't really know how the whole dedicated hardware market will look in 5-10 years and if we will have something more akin to Netflix subscriptions/App store+AppleTv Box instead of dedicated consoles. Playstation, as well as microsoft have been taking steps into that direction and Nintendo has recently patented a cloud computing device, so it's hard to tell if this will be the thing to take off.

Also, like I mentioned previously, there is always the chance of a remaster/bc/virtual console release.