By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - [Anime] whats your top 10 series right now

LuckyTrouble said:
I don't even know where to start piecing together a top ten. I must have watched at least fifty or sixty series in the past six months, and remembering which ones I liked most is difficult, especially while trying to compare to the other thirty or so I've completed since my childhood.

What i did, I did a worpad file, where i have put everything i had watched, i rate my anime from 1 to 10.

I'm been doing this for years, it helps :)

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Around the Network

1. Kill la Kill

2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

3. Yuki Yuuna is a Hero

4. Hibike! Euphorium

5. Fate/Zero

6. Angel Beats

7.Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

8. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5ds

9. Death Note

10. Toradora

Vini256 said:
Ljink96 said:

Yeah I watched Kyoukai no Rinne as well. I loved Inuyasha so much I had to backtrack and see what I missed. I thought I was gonna HATE Ranma 1/2 but it's so hilarious at times.

For me it was the other way around, I watched Ranma first and then Inuyasha. It's really cool how the characters act so similar at times between the two series, and the fact that both Ranma and Inuyasha share the same voice actor is really cool too (That VA voices Rinne's father as well if you haven't noticed yet).

Yeah, I liked that they changed Ranma's voice to Inuyasha's future voice. That chick that played his voice for the first 50 episodes or so wasn't doing it for me.

Ljink96 said:
Vini256 said:
Ljink96 said:

Yeah I watched Kyoukai no Rinne as well. I loved Inuyasha so much I had to backtrack and see what I missed. I thought I was gonna HATE Ranma 1/2 but it's so hilarious at times.

For me it was the other way around, I watched Ranma first and then Inuyasha. It's really cool how the characters act so similar at times between the two series, and the fact that both Ranma and Inuyasha share the same voice actor is really cool too (That VA voices Rinne's father as well if you haven't noticed yet).

Yeah, I liked that they changed Ranma's voice to Inuyasha's future voice. That chick that played his voice for the first 50 episodes or so wasn't doing it for me.

Wait, what? I've never noticed that his voice changed, are you talking about the dubbed version? If so, that's still pretty awesome, that means they share voice actors in english and japanese :D

Vini256 said:
Ljink96 said:
Vini256 said:
Ljink96 said:

Wait, what? I've never noticed that his voice changed, are you talking about the dubbed version? If so, that's still pretty awesome, they share voice actors in english and japanese :D

Yeah, I watch dubbed when it's available. They had the same voice actors in the dub and Japanese. Imagine Ranma sounding like a girl with her nose stuffed up trying to sound like a girl. That's how he used to sound and It killed me.

Around the Network
kyokusanagi said:
LuckyTrouble said:
I don't even know where to start piecing together a top ten. I must have watched at least fifty or sixty series in the past six months, and remembering which ones I liked most is difficult, especially while trying to compare to the other thirty or so I've completed since my childhood.

What i did, I did a worpad file, where i have put everything i had watched, i rate my anime from 1 to 10.

I'm been doing this for years, it helps :)

You pretty much just described the purpose of My Anime List, which I have been slowly but surely adding anime to. Apparently I vastly under estimated how much I've seen. Although it does seperate by season, I'm up to 86 completed and not even halfway done, with only a very small handful having multiple seasons. Maybe in a week or two I'll have a preliminary top ten put together lol

Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
Seraph of the End
Fairy Tail
Death Note
Cinderella Girls
The World God Only Knows
Dragon Ball Z
Fullmetal Alchemist
Akame Ga Kill

No particular order as that would require full breakdown which is hard.
1) Hunter X Hunter (2011)
2) Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
3) Hellsing Ultimate
4) Code Geass
5) Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)/ Fate/Zero
6) Naruto/ Naruto Shippuden
7) Claymore
8) JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)/ JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
9) Attack on Titan
10) Kiba

1) Steins; Gate
2) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
3) Mushi-shi
4) Death Note
5) Cowboy Bebop
6) Code Geass
7) Puella Magi Madoka Magica
8) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
9) One-Punch Man
10) Psycho-Pass Season 1

10 Naruto Shippuden

9 Ninja Slayer

8 Yu-Gi-Oh 5DS

7 Parasyte

6 Gintama

5 Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

4 One Punch Man

3 JoJo's Bizzare Adventure

2 Kill la Kill

1 Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann

Of course One Piece should really be on the list, but the anime feels lazy and sometimes insufferable compared to the manga. The last two films were good though (and its next film is announced and called Gold)