By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V, King of Fighters XIV and Tekken 7 all announced for PS4 but not XOne.

Mr Puggsly said:
Booty_Woody said:
Well, M$ owners only give a damn about sci fi/military shooters and racing games so it's no surprise. Why do you think SunSet Overdrive, Rise of the Tomb, and MGS V didn't sell? And why do you think you think you don't have a new Banjo Kazooie and Conker? M$ owners don't care about Rare's games.

Also, the Xbone version of Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 equals dead on arrival. And it's not coming to Wii U where those games would sell unlike M$.

Well I think Sunset Over, Rise of The Tomb Raider, and MGS V are all going to be million sellers in the long run. Sunset might be there already with digital numbers.

There are a lot of million sellers on X1 that aren't shooters or racing games. You should go do a little research. Also, its a console with a rapidly growing userbase so that raises sales potential of upcoming games.

Now I'm not implying all these games are profitable by selling a million units on X1 alone. However, that's good enough sales to justify ports. Wii U stopped getting support because its abysmal sales. Many 3rd party games struggle to even achieve 500K on Wii U.

I love the fact that you don't even mention these so called million sellers and just predict that MGS V and Rise of the Tomb Raider are million seller. And of course, typical M$ fanboy fashion, you don't even read the rest of my post. No suprise that you're ignoring the fact that the third party games that don't sell on the Wii U  are crappy gimped versions of third party games. Face facts, fanboy, M$ gets a free pass. Where's that Banjo and Conker sequel? And what about the Xbone PHantom Dust remake? Let me guess, you're predicting that those games are going to get made? LMAO. 

Now do some research. 

Around the Network
Booty_Woody said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Booty_Woody said:
Well, M$ owners only give a damn about sci fi/military shooters and racing games so it's no surprise. Why do you think SunSet Overdrive, Rise of the Tomb, and MGS V didn't sell? And why do you think you think you don't have a new Banjo Kazooie and Conker? M$ owners don't care about Rare's games.

Also, the Xbone version of Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 equals dead on arrival. And it's not coming to Wii U where those games would sell unlike M$.

Well I think Sunset Over, Rise of The Tomb Raider, and MGS V are all going to be million sellers in the long run. Sunset might be there already with digital numbers.

There are a lot of million sellers on X1 that aren't shooters or racing games. You should go do a little research. Also, its a console with a rapidly growing userbase so that raises sales potential of upcoming games.

Now I'm not implying all these games are profitable by selling a million units on X1 alone. However, that's good enough sales to justify ports. Wii U stopped getting support because its abysmal sales. Many 3rd party games struggle to even achieve 500K on Wii U.

I love the fact that you don't even mention these so called million sellers and just predict that MGS V and Rise of the Tomb Raider are million seller. And of course, typical M$ fanboy fashion, you don't even read the rest of my post. No suprise that you're ignoring the fact that the third party games that don't sell on the Wii U  are crappy gimped versions of third party games. Face facts, fanboy, M$ gets a free pass. Where's that Banjo and Conker sequel? And what about the Xbone PHantom Dust remake? Let me guess, you're predicting that those games are going to get made? LMAO. 

Now do some research. 

There ya go buddy, http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/68/xbox-one/

Wii had gimped ports as well but more people bought those games. But that console also had a bigger userbase, not a sales disaster.

Where are the Banjo and Conker sequels? I don't really care. I never understood the hype of Rare, especially their N64 era crap. But I genuinely enjoyed Banjo:N&B.

Phantom Dust remake? Not cancelled... defunct... probably dead? Don't care.

What am I supposed to research? You made an obnoxious response because I clearly upset you, but I don't see anything to research.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Booty_Woody said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Booty_Woody said:

Now do some research. 

There ya go buddy, http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/68/xbox-one/

Wii had gimped ports as well but more people bought those games. But that console also had a bigger userbase, not a sales disaster.

Where are the Banjo and Conker sequels? I don't really care. I never understood the hype of Rare, especially their N64 era crap. But I genuinely enjoyed Banjo:N&B.

Phantom Dust remake? Not cancelled... defunct... probably dead? Don't care.

What am I supposed to research? You made an obnoxious response because I clearly upset you, but I don't see anything to research.

ROFL!!! Are you kidding me? A bunch FPS games, a rehash and a sequal that's a household name. Also, you prove my point by saying that you don't care for Banjo, Conker, and Phantom Dust. And apperantly, you speak for eveyone. 

AsGryffynn said:
Hiku said:
AsGryffynn said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
http://gematsu.com/2015/10/tekken-7-coming-ps4-xbox-one

Both consoles but ps4 gets exclusive content.

Phew... that one was, unlike KoF and SFV, a game I didn't want to miss and I'd rather steer clear of Sony this gen...

The article seems to be mistaken. Thre's no Xbox announcement there. Click on the link to the announcement, and you'll only see PS4 mentioned. No mention of Xbox on the Wiki page either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_7
I think it will be announced for Xbox though. Doesn't seem like a game that would skip out on that cnsole.

If it does, then I will be pissed. Tekken is one of those "must have" games, but not must have enough to sell me a system I don't want...

Japanese AV, appears to like Japanese games... wants to stick to Xbox One. Good luck with that one.

Protendo said:
AsGryffynn said:

Thing is, the XONE has a higher digital attach rate, so it lends itself to an small phenomenon that gives the illusion of selling lower numbers, but it's because XONE owners have become digital only gamers, I myself am one of them. 

Fun fact. The PS4 is the leader in digital sales. (multiple sources back up the claim)

Makes sense when there was a huge gap in the marketshare back then and it is still pretty huge...

RJ_Sizzle said:
AsGryffynn said:

If it does, then I will be pissed. Tekken is one of those "must have" games, but not must have enough to sell me a system I don't want...

Japanese AV, appears to like Japanese games... wants to stick to Xbox One. Good luck with that one.

Err, since when does my avatar and game repertoire have anything to do with my console choice?

See, it's stuff like this that makes me resent the Sony fandom. They think that a console should be synonymous with an specific genre, and that is sickening to the bone...

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Protendo said:

Err, since when does my avatar and game repertoire have anything to do with my console choice?

See, it's stuff like this that makes me resent the Sony fandom. They think that a console should be synonymous with an specific genre, and that is sickening to the bone...

Because it doesn't make sense? If you like Xbox, that's cool. But to protest the system that has pretty all the Japanese support due to NO one owning an Xbox One in Japan is defeatist. Xbox One isn't magically going to get Japanese games they're not paying for. Would you still think Tekken would be a must have game if it weren't coming to Xbox One? Or did you think it was a must have ONLY because it was coming to Xbox One?

RJ_Sizzle said:
AsGryffynn said:

Because it doesn't make sense? If you like Xbox, that's cool. But to protest the system that has pretty all the Japanese support due to NO one owning an Xbox One in Japan is defeatist. Xbox One isn't magically going to get Japanese games they're not paying for. Would you still think Tekken would be a must have game if it weren't coming to Xbox One? Or did you think it was a must have ONLY because it was coming to Xbox One?

Except that I am not protesting for that. I like them and pay them when they come. When they do arrive, it's nice and I support them, but I don't jump ship if they don't. I'd still want Tekken 7, but if it didn't come to my system, I'd just skip it...

AsGryffynn said:
Protendo said:

PS4 has the higher Digital Attachment ratio as well. I don't know where people get the idea that the Xbox One is the digital console, they are almost even, but the PS4 is slightly ahead according to multiple developers and they are even according to EA.

Unless they addressed Tekken 7 as a "console exclusive" or "first on playstation" like they do for literally every other game that fits that criteria there's no reason to assume the game is no longer coming to Xbox One, since that has already been announced at an earlier point. Its a playstation conference so they're not gonna talk about the Xbox version naturally, on top of that sony would never miss an opportunity to stress that they have exclusivity.

But anyway PS4 is clearly the home for Japanese  fighting games and JRPGS.

Protendo said:
AsGryffynn said:

PS4 has the higher Digital Attachment ratio as well. I don't know where people get the idea that the Xbox One is the digital console, they are almost even, but the PS4 is slightly ahead according to multiple developers and they are even according to EA.

I've yet to see ratios here. However, the post said that the revenue applied for the Top 10 games and goes by revenue, rather than usage. We do have GwG and offers that happen often, so I don't find that that hard to believe. Community size alone influences revenue a lot, so I'd only use digital download rates for games rather than revenue...