By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fan Favorite PS2 Games Launching on PS4 Tomorrow

I got 2/3 of my current gen library for 15€ or even less than that (none of them pre-owned).

Destiny 10€
Alien Isolation 12€
Watch Dogs Complete 15€
Wolfenstein The New Order 6€
Wolfenstein Old Blood 6€
GTA V 17€
Halo MCC 17€
Dead Rising 3 13€
Sunset Overdrive 13€

and now Sony expects that people buy most of these PS2 games for 15€? People should rather support current gen games.

Around the Network

I am as pro Sony as it gets (though I do have love for Nintendo I only really game on PS4, PS3 and still got my old PS2) and I'll admit this is just plain damn greedy that Sony won't allow those who at least bought the PS2 classics version to upgrade for free or at the least a few bucks extra in some upgrade plan and none of this is an option. It's plain greed and I'm very disappointed in Sony for slapping their consumers in the face.

I don't care about the price as long as I can play PS2 RPGs. Now if only Sony would bring SMT games.

This whole backward compatibility is in my opinion getting way too much attention. I have both PS2 and PS3 and frankly speaking I have not used them at all this year anymore! There are just so many good games for PS4 available. I support bringing some of the best games of previous generations to new players who do not have the old consoles and have not had chance play them, but I think remastering is the way to go. After all the old titles have to compete with tons of really good new games, so they do need some fresh look to get attention. Finally, there is often arguments that why should people pay twice for the same game. Well, if you have the game already, you likely have the old console too, so why would you want to buy it to new gen?

I have a sealed copy of Rogue galaxy I have been itching to play again. Was hoping for a bargin on the game to play in my bc ps3.

Going to buy it today and will happily for 15 bucks.

Around the Network

I really can't understand how people think $10-$15 isn't a good deal for these, Just look how many indie games there is for the same price or more that have only a few hours of content, As long as they bring games I want to play I'll happily pay $15 for them.

Here's how the Star Wars games look after Emulation

Hopefully we'll see similar results for all games!

Solid-Stark said:

Hmm I think the pricing seems fair. I mean PSOne classics are $5.99, and $9.99 for the iconic games. So PS2 being $9.99/14.99 seems right. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nintendo charges more on the eShop for N64 games compared to Sony with PSOne games.

I checked on the N64 games on the Eshop, and they are mostly 9.99 USDs, which I think is fair? I dunno, I can't speak for everyone. Wii games are 20 USDs, I think DS ones are 10 USDs?, and GBAs are 7.99 I think. I guess they are fair?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

For the age of those games, those prices are excessive. It can be understandable if they make us pay for PS2 games we don't have, but not at those prices. Also, why wouldn't it be okay for them to enable PS2 physical copies?

I agree that these prices are steep but I'd like to know the ins and outs of how these deals work for Sony before I call 'Thief!',

The PS5 Exists.