By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon won 2 awards in the VGA

Deserved?

Oh yeah! 170 84.16%

Hell no! 15 7.43%

(Insert ink pun here) 17 8.42%

Total:202

Yup, on the show we only saw one, best multiplayer game, but it turns out the game was also winner in the Shooter category, above monsters like Halo 5, CoD black Ops 3, Star Wars Battlefront or Destiny. 

BEST SHOOTER

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Treyarch/Activision)

Destiny: The Taken King (Bungie/Activision)

Halo 5: Guardians (343 Industries/Microsoft Studios)

Splatoon (Nintendo EAD Group No. 2/Nintendo)

Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE/Electronic Arts)

BEST MULTIPLAYER
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Treyarch/Activision)
Destiny: The Taken King (Bungie/Activision)
Halo 5: Guardians (343 Industries/Microsoft Studios)
Rocket League (Psyonix)
Splatoon (Nintendo EAD Group No. 2/Nintendo)

source

Who in Earth would have though just a year ago that Splatoon would smash such a strong competition on the game awards? Damn who would have think the game would get 3 nominations to begin with!! Another victory for the inklings! Do you think is a deserved one?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
You should really learn what GOTY means, before claiming it.

It won 2 category awards.

Close thread. 

BraLoD said:
You should really learn what GOTY means, before claiming it.

It won 2 category awards.

Sorry, I think it was clear enough, but you are right, changed!

Multiplayer GOTY with only a handful of maps and limited modes and no communication. Seems legit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BraLoD said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Sorry, I think it was clear enough, but you are right, changed!

Oh yeah, the OP was clear enough, indeed, but it's better if the title is as well.

Also I remember they told it got the best shooter in the event as well.

Quite a great night for Splatoon there.

I didn't heard anything, I just read it like an hour ago, and I saw a lot of webs saying that the gme won the multiplayer prize but they don't mention the shooter category, that was even harder.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Multiplayer GOTY with only a handful of maps and limited modes and no communication. Seems legit.

15 maps are not a handful. Neither 4 online modes that feels like something new instead of the same of always, even if 2 of them are based on others.

I think it's deserved. Not only Nintendo gave a good impression to people that criticized them for sticking to the same old IPs without ever doing anything new, but they also managed to give the nowdays most popular gaming genre a twist that was never seen ever before!

Plus it's all about Japan and sea creatures with tentacles, Internet at it's finest...

It's truely Ninteno's game of the year! Beating Super Mario Maker. I'm proud of Splatoon very very good game! I'm GOING to get Splatoon 2 when it releases    

I was on board when it was first revealed at E3. I also predicted a million sales in a month. I even argued that voice chat wouldn't be a issue (it wasn't) and now its shooter of the year. In a year where black ops, Halo, Destiny, and others came out of all times. Just goes to show that the genre can be reinvented. I hope this serves as a wake up call to the rest of the industry that everything doesn't have to be some gore fest military shooter or a halo clone to succeed.

vivster said:

Dat gameplay doe.