By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your opinion on WIndows 10?

d21lewis said:
Mr_No said:
I would be happier if the apps for it worked, like the store one, for example. Problems started when I tried to install Visual Studio like a month ago. It was a mess, having to do System Restore like 5 times since the program wouldn't open properly after the installations, not to mention the proper packets that I wanted didn't install at all. After completely deleting it from my computer, some Windows propietary apps wouldn't open. They are greyed out with the exclamation mark on the lower right corner, giving me an error message that I need to access the store. Maps, news, pictures... even the Store can't open.

Apart from that, I've gotten used to it. It's much faster to boot and load than Windows 7, which I really liked. If it wasn't due to the app annoyance, it would be perfect for me.

My biggest problem was the store.  For some reason, on my PC, the store froze and nothing would update.  Took me hours to find a way to fix it.  After that, it's been a beautiful thing.  I actually uninstalled Windows 7 once and for all.  There's no going back but I don't think I'll regret it.

I'm not the most PC savvy guy but I can usually make them do what I wqnt them to do.  Ask Cortana for a fix.  That's all I can say.

I might just go to Reset this PC where I can keep the files I want while it reinstalls the program. It's really pissing me off.

Around the Network

What the fuck!
I just got forced into an update (well I can reschedule to later but as it decided to ask me this in the middle of a game I could either do it now or let it keep pestering me as it turns out updates can only be installed by restart, shutting down doesn't count.)
Took quite a while longer than I expected to update, after which there was a nice message saying not to worry and my files are and settings are the same (I should fucking well hope so)... Turns out this isn't entirely the case.
First thing I noticed was the notifications panel had different icons, no biggie but this prompted me to go through the settings, turns out a few things have been turned back on which I specifically turned off (mostly app access to features, also firefox no longer my default browser)
The reason for most of it though is that the apps I had specifically uninstalled had all reappeared (and their default is to allow access to features) plus some of the apps that I had taken significant effort to neutralise/uninstall such as Xbox & OneDrive were back too.

TL;DR mode

I like it annoying updates doe

Yay!!!

You get what you pay for.

I had it on an older laptop but went back to Windows 7 because there wasn't a Windows 10 driver for my wireless adapter. No regrets... maybe someday Windows 10 will work smoothly for everyone but that day isn't here yet.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Went ahead and upgraded a couple of weeks ago. I had gotten used to 8.1, so going to 10 was a welcome homecoming back to the classic Desktop UI, but not mindblowing. My laptop runs cooler and roughly the same efficiently for most software and processes, and searching is faster. But man, Palemoon and Flash hate each other now. Flash is constantly freezing on every damn page or element that uses it, and I'm too lazy and complacent to do anything about it, until now. Found out earlier that an official 64-bit version of Firefox is finally out, so I might switch back to it.

Took me a while to make the jump because I hate the idea of not being able to control updates. I've had too many bad experiences in the past with automatic updates breaking shit. But I figured if I'm going to start updating my family's OSes with it eventually, I should test it on my own for a while first.

Maybe it' just my laptop, but both built-in media players from Windows suck. WMP clearly was never optimized for it, and MS doesn't want me using it. Within a couple of minutes after opening a song with it, it crashes after eating up memory like there's no tomorrow. Groove takes a good 45 seconds to start playing a song after I double-click it, and suffers from crashing and instability as well, albeit a little less frequently. I still use Media Player Classic for music and podcasts.

What I'm loving most is the some of the little features of Windows Explorer that randomly went away in W8 are finally back, like being able to search for a file and edit it from the search list. In W8, you had to search for it and actually go to the folder containing the file to edit it. If you work with a lot of sound clips and pictures, that was an unnecessary pain in the ass, and I'm glad that a feature that left for no reason is finally back.

Around the Network

great os but support for older programs is terrible

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

KdxlavkdX said:
I've had absolutely zero issues since upgrading, my laptop is a lot quieter and everything seems to be running much faster. Best Windows since XP.

QFT