By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware 28th November - Black Friday Week

I know it can be difficult to gather accurate data for sales but at the same time i am very surprised that a gaming related site missed the the fact that Sony officialy announced sales though the week before black fiday and somehow this was missed, it was all over the internet and more importanlty appeared in this sites latest news section.

Plus with all the sales accross Europe over black Friday I imagine the sales are also somewhat out. Hopefully Sony will give you a hand at tomorrows PlayStation Experience and announce some figures.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Damn, PS4 didn't even budge in Japan. lol

They don't increase the same way in Japan as the US.  Big jumps happen more in December.

How come the 3DS had such a massive jump?

Mystro-Sama said:
SpokenTruth said:

They don't increase the same way in Japan as the US.  Big jumps happen more in December.

Monster Hunter release.

Mystro-Sama said:
SpokenTruth said:

Monster Hunter's Release raised the Sales of 3DS.

Mystro-Sama said:
SpokenTruth said:

Monster hunter x+ people upgarding to new 3ds xl, also new 3dsxl MHX BUNDLE!

Around the Network

nearly 2.5 mil sold of systems that are considered "clones" or "twins" and all Wii U can muster up 250+ k. The platform is pretty much dead and cements NX launching next year, i have no doubts now. I really hope Ninty gets it right with NX, Nintendo's the soul of the industry it would be hard to imagine without them.

It is very likely official sales figures for November or well overall sales so far of the Ps4 will be announced tomorrow on PSX so we might not need to wait for NPD.

Jranation said:
binary solo said:

Only the full month. But VGC has Xb one winning November by about 80-90K at the moment. And that seems unlikely.

Oh so how do we know who won Black Friday? 

We will have a reasonable idea when NPD comes out, if we use the first 3 weeks of VGC data for a rough reference. Vgc has PS4 ahead by about 8k for the first 3 weeks of November. So if NPD give Sony November by 20k or more it means PS4 won BF most likely. If NPD goes PS4 November by less than 20k it's possible xb one edged PS4 on BF. If Xb one wins Nov then xb one for sure took BF.

The Amazon chart makes it highly improbable that xb one won the whole month. But there is a possibility that ps4 wins the month and BF wins BF.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Jranation said:

Oh so how do we know who won Black Friday? 

We will have a reasonable idea when NPD comes out, if we use the first 3 weeks of VGC data for a rough reference. Vgc has PS4 ahead by about 8k for the first 3 weeks of November. So if NPD give Sony November by 20k or more it means PS4 won BF most likely. If NPD goes PS4 November by less than 20k it's possible xb one edged PS4 on BF. If Xb one wins Nov then xb one for sure took BF.

The Amazon chart makes it highly improbable that xb one won the whole month. But there is a possibility that ps4 wins the month and BF wins BF.

How could we use VGCs data as a basis for proving how far off VGC was/wasn't?

Whichever company wins BF will mention it in their NPD PR (I hope). Also of course BF won BF!

yvanjean said:
GribbleGrunger said:

We have to because these numbers are completely wrong, unless you believe the PS4 only sold 100k since the 22nd, including Black Friday? Is that what you're saying?

??? what are you talking about 100K .... the PS4 sold 740k since the 22nd according to the numbers posted.

PS4 sold 30.2m as of Nov 22nd, per Sony.  VGC shows PS4 sold 30.3m as of Nov 28th, ergo, PS4 sold 100K since the 22nd.