By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos new console is scheduled for mass production at the end of Q1

Wyrdness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because Microsoft had to beat Sony to market. After that (and the RROD incident they caused because of it) Microsoft copied Sony's ten year profit plan so they could stop them from gaining marketshare. All consoles that Microsoft makes will follow. Its not the same intent, but definitely the same amount of years.

No 360 came out because catching the PS2 was a lost cause even at only 2 years into the gen for Xbox, it's amazing how people have selective memories, the original Xbox was also starting to sell below GC numbers at that point and was at  number of points being outsold by it then closing the gap between them so they moved on to their next console, no different to this. Believe me X1 won't follow Sony's 10 year plan, no chance because they're being beaten just as hard this gen by Sony and games are now being announced for PS4 mainly, 2016 will be an indicator of what happens next for MS and 2017 will determine it.

PS3 even would have dominated that gen had Sony not made a hash of the console for the first 3 years and even then it still outsold the 360 in the end and now X1 is losing market share. Believe me if the current sales keep going as they are through out 2016 don't be surprise if we start hearing word about the next Xbox in 2017.

I think a 10 year plan is possible, but only if Microsoft and Sony's next console's are more of a XBox One.1 and PS4.1 rather than completely new machines. Meaning games made for these new consoles could be playable on the old hardware just in a downscaled fashion.

Around the Network
Werix357 said:

I think a 10 year plan is possible, but only if Microsoft and Sony's next console's are more of a XBox One.1 and PS4.1 rather than completely new machines. Meaning games made for these new consoles could be playable on the old hardware just in a downscaled fashion.

I can only see the PS4 right now having a 10 year plan tbh, games are starting to be announced as PC/PS4 right now so picture if the current sales trend continues and PS4 is at 45m this time next year with X1 at about 22m and so on the following year. Developers won't even bother with an X1 version they'll just do a PS4 version for the 8th gen consoles even with the approach you mention.

NX for 4th quarter 2016? but what would be the games? Zelda U is for 3rd-4th quarter 2016 (maybe the swan song game for Wii U).

But what would be NX's launch games? Mario Galaxy 3? Mario install base aren't that huge anymore, i mean we have too many Mario games. NX launch games should really have both big 3rd party titles and 1st party. A Mario Galaxy 3, maybe FF VII R (but it is timed exclusive for PS4 and more likely for 2017-18 timeframe). Metroid, F-Zero franchise won't push NX consoles into a staggering rate, maybe add Splatoon 2. But still I don't see it selling like hotcakes if Nintendo hasn't have the games for 4th qtr 2016.

I'm still thinking 2017 release.

Wyrdness said:
Werix357 said:

I can only see the PS4 right now having a 10 year plan tbh, games are starting to be announced as PC/PS4 right now so picture if the current sales trend continues and PS4 is at 45m this time next year with X1 at about 22m and so on the following year. Developers won't even bother with an X1 version they'll just do a PS4 version for the 8th gen consoles even with the approach you mention.

Yeah it's probably more likely that Microsoft shifts it's focus back to PC gaming

gabzjmm23 said:
NX for 4th quarter 2016? but what would be the games? Zelda U is for 3rd-4th quarter 2016 (maybe the swan song game for Wii U).

But what would be NX's launch games? Mario Galaxy 3? Mario install base aren't that huge anymore, i mean we have too many Mario games. NX launch games should really have both big 3rd party titles and 1st party. A Mario Galaxy 3, maybe FF VII R (but it is timed exclusive for PS4 and more likely for 2017-18 timeframe). Metroid, F-Zero franchise won't push NX consoles into a staggering rate, maybe add Splatoon 2. But still I don't see it selling like hotcakes if Nintendo hasn't have the games for 4th qtr 2016.

I'm still thinking 2017 release.

If NX releases 2016, Zelda U would most likely be a cross-gen title like Twilight Princess was.

EAD Tokyo releases a console 3D Mario every 3 years (Galaxy-2007, Galaxy 2-2010, 3D World-2013) so 3D Mario as a launch title wouldn't be too out of the question.

Pikmin 4 is rumored to be releasing next year with Miyamoto claiming it was nearly finished, he didn't give a platform so it could possibly be Wii U or NX.

That falls in line with many Nintendo devices having 3 or so 1st/2nd party games at launch, SNES-Mario World/F-Zero/Pilotwings, N64-Mario 64/Pilotwings/Wave Race, GC-Luigi's Mansion/Pikmin/Smash Melee, Wii-Wii Sports/Twilight Princess/Excite Truck, 3DS-Nintendogs/Pilotwings/Steel Diver, Wii U-Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Sing Party.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because Microsoft had to beat Sony to market. After that (and the RROD incident they caused because of it) Microsoft copied Sony's ten year profit plan so they could stop them from gaining marketshare. All consoles that Microsoft makes will follow. Its not the same intent, but definitely the same amount of years.

No 360 came out because catching the PS2 was a lost cause even at only 2 years into the gen for Xbox, it's amazing how people have selective memories, the original Xbox was also starting to sell below GC numbers at that point and was at  number of points being outsold by it then closing the gap between them so they moved on to their next console, no different to this. Believe me X1 won't follow Sony's 10 year plan, no chance because they're being beaten just as hard this gen by Sony and games are now being announced for PS4 mainly, 2016 will be an indicator of what happens next for MS and 2017 will determine it.

PS3 even would have dominated that gen had Sony not made a hash of the console for the first 3 years and even then it still outsold the 360 in the end and now X1 is losing market share. Believe me if the current sales keep going as they are through out 2016 don't be surprise if we start hearing word about the next Xbox in 2017.

I don't know who you are trying to convince. I've actually read articles about the situation and statements from Joachim Kempin. They already are following Sony's ten year plan. Don't believe me? Watch. The 360 will last eleven years and the Xbox One will last ten, whilst each generation will begin after an average of seven years following Sony's general iterations. Microsoft caused RROD by intentionally rushing the 360's development to try and beat Sony to market because they knew Sony was coming with a new console in 2006. They knew Sony would destroy them as they naturally destroy everyone and so they took the risk and had to extend their warranty to do it, but what they got out fo the deal was even third party support and half Sony's potential marketshare because of libarary and price differential. Microsoft even changed their clockspeed at the last minute once they found out how powerful the PS4 was the year it launched. Microsoft does not like to be far off from their best competition and they are the same way with Apple. They hawk them and everything they do.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I don't know who you are trying to convince. I've actually read articles about the situation and statements from Joachim Kempin. They already are following Sony's ten year plan. Don't believe me? Watch. The 360 will last eleven years and the Xbox One will last ten, whilst each generation will begin after an average of seven years following Sony's general iterations. Microsoft caused RROD by intentionally rushing the 360's development to try and beat Sony to market because they knew Sony was coming with a new console in 2006. They knew Sony would destroy them as they naturally destroy everyone and so they took the risk and had to extend their warranty to do it, but what they got out fo the deal was even third party support and half Sony's potential marketshare because of libarary and price differential. Microsoft even changed their clockspeed at the last minute once they found out how powerful the PS4 was the year it launched. Microsoft does not like to be far off from their best competition and they are the same way with Apple. They hawk them and everything they do.

Hahahaha

Please it's not going to happen under the current sales trend sorry but that's reality no matter what you read, their plan was based on the assumption they'd keep going blow for blow with Sony from this gen onward but right now they're getting destroyed with games only being announced for PS4, I'd bet you money MS weren't expecting to be outsold from 2-1 to 3-1 at times by Sony not matter how low the bar they were expecting. If the current situation continues X1 will not last 10 years no matter who from MS' PR starts talking to say other wise, you know why because the plan they're trying to emulate is Sony's own which is geared towards being market leader not market chaser.

Right now the X1 hasn't got even third party support to PS4 it has less and even less than it's predecessors, you're free to believe it will happen but the current market standing suggests things will go down another route, MS' best platform right now isn't the X1 it's a windows PC and all of this is only 2 years into their gen.

Wyrdness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Hahahaha

Please it's not going to happen under the current sales trend sorry but that's reality no matter what you read, their plan was based on the assumption they'd keep going blow for blow with Sony from this gen onward but right now they're getting destroyed with games only being announced for PS4, I'd bet you money MS weren't expecting to be outsold from 2-1 to 3-1 at times by Sony not matter how low the bar they were expecting. If the current situation continues X1 will not last 10 years no matter who from MS' PR starts talking to say other wise, you know why because the plan they're trying to emulate is Sony's own which is geared towards being market leader not market chaser.

Right now the X1 hasn't got even third party support to PS4 it has less and even less than it's predecessors, you're free to believe it will happen but the current market standing suggests things will go down another route, MS' best platform right now isn't the X1 it's a windows PC and all of this is only 2 years into their gen.

Microsoft has to make as much money as possible on the Xbox One and try to hold onto as much marketshare as possible. By next year they will sell over twenty million consoles. I wouldn't be so sure of this if I were you.

Duplicate thread (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210774&page=1#) Locking.