By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos new console is scheduled for mass production at the end of Q1

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Platina said:
This is still considered to be a rumour, as there is no actual evidence or statement about the NX launch..

This  is the same way the PS4 and Xbox One reporting happened before they launched. We followed the dev kits and it seems two months ago Nintendo had already sent out dev kits. They are planning on surprising us to no avail. Be ready for E3.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Nintendo-NX-Development-Kits-Already-Being-Sent-Out-Report-Says-92727.html

Rumours usually has some truth behind it and can indeed end up true, but I won't have my hopes up until an actual annoucement :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

This  is the same way the PS4 and Xbox One reporting happened before they launched. We followed the dev kits and it seems two months ago Nintendo had already sent out dev kits. They are planning on surprising us to no avail. Be ready for E3.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Nintendo-NX-Development-Kits-Already-Being-Sent-Out-Report-Says-92727.html

Rumours usually has some truth behind it and can indeed end up true, but I won't have my hopes up until an actual annoucement :p

In the same fashion as the PS4 and Xbox One sources have already spoken about the dev kits being given out. Now they are reporting that 20 million are being manufactured. The reports are lining up like clockwork. At somepoint we have to use our economic history and gaming know-how to read whats already been written. 

NIntendo just announced today that they will not abandon the Wii U community. But of course they will. They already by sending out dev kits three years into their generational life cycle and announcing a new console before the WIi U is even four years old. 

We already had this thread 4 days ago..
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210774&page=1#

If Nintendo were to release so soon it would be a clear complete panic mode reaction. No console maker I know of has released so early from their previous release.

NX release in Jan 2016 would be 44 months since last release. Does anyone know of _any_ console releasing so soon since previous release?

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
If Nintendo were to release so soon it would be a clear complete panic mode reaction. No console maker I know of has released so early from their previous release.

NX release in Jan 2016 would be 44 months since last release. Does anyone know of _any_ console releasing so soon since previous release?

Before Segas fall Sega made the same move launching the dreamcast four years after a botched launch with the Sega Saturn. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dharh said:

Before Segas fall Sega made the same move launching the dreamcast four years after a botched launch with the Sega Saturn. 

From Sega Saturn to Dreamcast 52 months, but yeah it is pretty close, might be even the 2nd fastest.  Unless you are thinking of something else.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

mountaindewslave said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

This means they are most likely announcing the NX in E3 and will most likely launch in November by my estimation (if this is correct). Wow....Nintendo you sly dog you. I am most definitely waiting for this console. Perhaps they are optimizing the new Zelda for it. Haha...damn. Leaving the table scraps for the Wii U gamers are we?

P.S.

The fact that Nintendo wants 20 million these made so soon is just utterly insane to me. 

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151130PD203.html

not really crazy when you consider that its a handheld combined with a home console

Nintendo handhelds usually sell really big out of the gate (although they're consistent over time too). this is extremely unique and basically has never been done before, a combined handheld/home console sort of thing released simultaneously and I expect the opening gate sales coule be really big

let's put it this way- someone like me who has been more favorable towards Nintendo handheld over the past few generations than home consoles (not a big fan of the Wii U or Wii, especially the Wii) would without a doubt buy this combo

I think a lot of people who have been sort of on the edge with Nintendo would be interested in this. a combined library seems incredibly appealing to me

You're ignoring the DS and the 3DS. The 3DS, in particular, languished until its hefty pricecut...which sent it soaring past DS and Wii in the equivalent (first year) timeframe.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

With the current track record of NX rumours, I'm just gonna wait till I get an actual announcement, probably when E3 rolls around.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

dharh said:

Where you get from Jan 2016 release!?

dharh said:

It's obviously going to release in November or December, certainly not in January. As for your question: Xbox 360 launched 4 years after the original Xbox. Nintendo DS launched 4 years after the GBA as well. And the Dreamcast, of course.