By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm starting to lose my passion for Nintendo

I game on all 3 platforms (and both portable consoles) and Nintendo is still my favorite. Earlier this week, I realized why I was getting tired of my frequent visits to IGN. No, my love for gaming hasn't dropped at all. I'm currently clearing my backlog. Just beat MGS Rising on Hard (final boss took almost 30% of my total game time) and I've just started Skyrim.
I realized that I was tired of seeing thumbnails that looked more like action movies than video games. No games with aesthetics like Jak and Daxter, Kingdom Hearts and Prince of Persia on the home page of most gaming sites right now. Retro games with 8 or 16 bit graphics don't count. Apart from the occasional Sunset Overdrive or Monster Hunter, most AAA non-Nintendo games are starving me of the kind of worlds I fell in love with that have made video games my favorite hobby.
So with all their mistakes, I still love what Nintendo produces. I may not have "passion" for the company per say, but most of my most anticipated games (including unannounced games) are Nintendo games. Sure, I hope they do better from now on with the NX and their slow realization that they need to take things like online and a universal account system more seriously, but they've given me more games that I actually want to play in the last 2 years than the rest of the AAA industry put together. Indies are giving me almost as many good stuff as Nintendo. Just look at Bro Force or Hover: Revolt of Gamers

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

Nah, you just want to be cool by bashing Nintendo

Treat yourself to some Xenoblade X and that will pass.

OneKartVita said:
POE said:
I believe this is a good new instead of a bad one. Go buy a PS4 and stop making threads like this.

He already bought one just the other day.  

Then he's halfway there.

Well, this have been Nintendo all the gen. The evident mismanagement has not only reflected in the poor sales, but also in the lacking boring library they put in their shinny HD system.

It's not like they have lost their touch, it's more like thay are forgetting about the current disaster and move away as soon as possible from this dry field to a green one.

But don't worry, if anything NX could be the opposite of the current Nintendo: real ambition and effort in a vast library with great hardware. I'll wait to see if the NX is the good move we are expecting or another abomination like the current strategy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Hopefully Nintendo will find a way to bring up your passion for them again.

Nintendo is doing the best job right now than they have done since the N64.

SNES>N64>>>Wii U>>>GC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

OneKartVita said:
POE said:
I believe this is a good new instead of a bad one. Go buy a PS4 and stop making threads like this.

He already bought one just the other day.  

Thank god

This is year five of me having lost passion for Nintendo.

Clyde32 said:
You seem to have a lot of passion.

This is pretty much exactly what I thought as well. He reminds me of posts I used to see from some youngins in 2007.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.