By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X-Box 360 Arcade SKU - Is it worth the money?

@rock
I already have DMC4 for the PS3 so...
@magnific0
No way, i won't risk my warranty and i only want 2-3 games so i don't really care.

Around the Network

YES it is

Time to Work !

Well i can't get it! It's sold out everywhere

^^ Thats shame... I got my pro version on ebay but I have never used the HD, for me the arcade would be just as good....

Around the Network

If your not going online Arcade suits you fine.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Well, I see a lot of people talking down Blue Dragon so I guess I am the one guy who will come defend it, seeing as how .:Dark Prince:. is a fan of JRPG's and he finally broke down and bought one because our PS3's are severely lacking in that category.

Am I close? Anyways.

I loved Lost Odyssey while I played it, it is a gorgeous game with a slow moving but very well written story and good old fashioned turn based combat to boot. :) Load times suck and I don't know if he is the same type of RPG gamer as I am but I found the "dreams" to be completely boring. Look past this and the game is still great, but lacking character backstory because sometimes their is too much reading involved with no video to keep you interested, no voice overs in them either. I tend to just quickly pass right through them without readin. Anyways. Still made a great pickup choice and I bet he will enjoy it just as I did. If you can actually sit through them and read it all, disregard the backstory part as that is only my experience.

I picked up Blue Dragon, you can probably get it cheap which is a very good thing. I was on LO, 40 hours in, disc 4. Haven't touched it since. Not because I do not like it, but because as a JRPG fan, BD appeals that much more, if you enjoy anime as well, you will enjoy even more. The boss music is weird... out of place. Although grows on you and if you play Guitar Hero, it would actually work great for it. It is like Dragon Quest, story is pretty linear, you know who your going after in the beginning and it never changes. Plays out like an anime actually.

It has a job system, very much like your good old Final Fantasy III DS and/or Final Fantasy V, but with so many skills to equip and so many different classes, it is really a fun time if you like that kind of thing. The music is very reminiscent of Final Fantasy IX. I loved that game and it had some very memorable music, so if this is your thing... Uematsu... then this, just like Lost Odyssey would fit great in your collection. I was running through the Laser Fields and all I could think about was the music in Burmecia from FF IX.

It may not be perfect, but for a JRPG player, don't just ignore it, seriously give it a chance. I got mine for $20, best priced JRPG I ever bought. 44 hours in, not even halfway through disc 2, not because it is long, but it is the first RPG in a long time that I enjoyed searching every nook and cranny for little items and stat upgrades and firing up a Field Barrier and running through enemies without needing to fight them.

Anyone know if he can still download the free patch to add New Game+, Hard and Impossible modes to the game with the 512MB memory card? If so, even better.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Well i found a 360 at last! I also ordered Blue Dragon because i couldn't find Lost Odyssey ANYWHERE!!!

Once again guys thanks for the help!

Okay so i finally got my 360 + BD.

I have to say i'm impressed by everything.

The Dashboard looks cool, the controller is unbelievably comfortable and the console itself looks cool! The only thing i don't like is that the disk drive is noisy and the power supply is huge.

Now with Blue Dragon. The game looks stunning, the battle system is great and fresh (with the monster fights etc) and the music is amazing.
The only things i didn't like is the monster design and the over-the-top blurriness.

Next stop: Lost Odyssey!

but...but.. you won't have the "complete" GTAIV experience. ;)

I say if you like xbox games, it's not a bad choice.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)