By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X-Box 360 Arcade SKU - Is it worth the money?

Okay here's the thing. I just got 200 Euros and i'm thinking of buying a 360, but the only SKU i can get is the Arcade. Should i get it or wait till summer and get the premium? Note that i'm not interested at downloads at all as i don't plan on getting it online so i don't need a HDD. But are any other disadvantages compared to the Premium SKU? Also, in your opinion, which jRPG is better?

Around the Network

Not going online, no additional content? Then it's your best bet actually :P The hardware is more reliable and it comes with an HDMI port. I personally would recommend Lost Odyssey, but thats because I don't dig the dragon quest style of Blue Dragon :x

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Yes your the market that the arcade is aimed at. Further more you are not locked specifically into your model. You can always purchase a hard drive for the machine later if you so desire. So this would probably be the correct decision for you.

I would also recommend Lost Odyssey it is by far the best JRPG on the system, and has around one hundred hours of content. Too many side quests to count, and a very deep and meaningful story. A further bonus is that while you play that the price of Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and Enchanted Arms can only go lower in price.

Yeah get the console at 200 Euros that is practically a steal. Lost Odyssey is an ideal purchase.

Yes the arcade would be perfect for you and it comes with 5 free fun xbla games. Later once the hardrive prices go down and when your ready can upgrade. I would also recommend Lost Odyssey

Around the Network

Thanks for the help guys, i just ordered the console and i'll be getting Lost Odyssey in a couple of days too

Sounds exactly like what you're looking for. If you're not planning on going online anytime soon, then the memory card it comes with should be fine for game save files. It also comes with the Wireless controller too, which is very handy.
(My 1 year old Core system didn't come with a memory card,wireless control, nor hdmi :(, though it did come with Blue Dragon:) )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

And add Devil May Cry 4 and you will be set. See you a huge fan of Devil May Cry. DMC4 is a great game and pick that up later on.

@rock
I already have DMC4 for the PS3 so...
@magnific0
No way, i won't risk my warranty and i only want 2-3 games so i don't really care.