By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U not technically possible

?

lol 85 73.91%

because, its not. 30 26.09%

Total:115
Goodnightmoon said:
Aeolus451 said:

"It's just a thread" to validate my perception by others agreeing with me that those devs slighted nintendo fans (when that's not really the case). I'm just mad the game isn't coming to the wii u. *cough*

This is simply a case of some people misunderstanding what a dev said. 

Sick and tired of people like you that transforms every complain into "oh you are salty", if I want the freaking game I buy it on steam, what a problem uh?

If a developer is LYING, then we can complain about the lies, period. And is pretty obvious the intention behind this tweet, everyone that reads it has that same impression: they make it sound like WiiU is uncapable of. Why? because is the easy way, everybody already thinks the wiiu is very weak thanks to the bad PR of a lot of companies before so they get on the train, wich is easier than to explain the reality. Is painfully obvious.

It's not "oh you are salty" but "you misread what he said" and "you guys are overreacting". Of course, I'm gonna give some of you a lil shit over the irrationality of this thread.

This is basically how quite a few people are reading it. "Wii U is not techn....." and that's it. Nothing else registered. Hence this thread.

More than one user has already pointed this out, technically does not mean technology. Some people are reading what they want it to say versus reading it for what it is.

What are the two most logical reasons why a indie dev might not port a game to a console or to the wii u? 1) not worth it and 2) limited budget but somehow you guys go with "the wii u is not powerful enough".  *shakes head*

From looking at that game, it sure as shit isn't because the wii u can't handle it. So no, the tone of my posts are not "you are salty", it's "you guys are being irrational about this".

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Sick and tired of people like you that transforms every complain into "oh you are salty", if I want the freaking game I buy it on steam, what a problem uh?

If a developer is LYING, then we can complain about the lies, period. And is pretty obvious the intention behind this tweet, everyone that reads it has that same impression: they make it sound like WiiU is uncapable of. Why? because is the easy way, everybody already thinks the wiiu is very weak thanks to the bad PR of a lot of companies before so they get on the train, wich is easier than to explain the reality. Is painfully obvious.

It's not "oh you are salty" but "you misread what he said" and "you guys are overreacting". Of course, I'm gonna give some of you a lil shit over the irrationality of this thread.

This is basically how quite a few people are reading it. "Wii U is not techn....." and that's it. Nothing else registered. Hence this thread.

More than one user has already pointed this out, technically does not mean technology. Some people are reading what they want it to say versus reading it for what it is.

What are the two most logical reasons why a indie dev might not port a game to a console or to the wii u? 1) not worth it and 2) limited budget but somehow you guys go with "the wii u is not powerful enough".  *shakes head*

From looking at that game, it sure as shit isn't because the wii u can't handle it. So no, the tone of my posts are not "you are salty", it's "you guys are being irrational about this".

But we agree on the real reasons, budget and time, that's true, and they are not really lying, not in a direct way. But they know that saying this people would automatically think on the famous WiiU weakness that everybody talks about. Is the first we all think when reading that. And after all this years we are all tired, the wiiu is super weak compared to a ps4, true fact, BUT is not a toaster, and that's the impression some companies have been giving to everyone for a long time and it won't stop until is dead. Now even the 2D budget indies are in that train.

I'm not hating on this guy, and of course, I'm not hating on his work, that looks pretty cool, I'm hatting the way they handled this PR, I don't think that's too irrational, they could have said they had no time or no resources for adapting the game to the WiiU architecture, nobody would have think on the power of the hardware then.

'Impractical' given their resources would have been a better answer tbh.

Let's face it, PS4 and X1 have good to outstanding 3rd party tools and plenty of CPU cores and system/video memory to work with. WiiU takes a bit more of a specialized approach.

For a small dev, the PS4/X1 have a ton of resources to play with for games not really pushing the envelope, so it's easy to not worry about running out of memory or CPU/GPU cycles to get a straightforward game put out. So you have the high probability that the WiiU port would cost more effort and money to create than ports to both the PS4 and X1 put together.

It's not just indie or small devs either, this has been a trend for .. way too long.

one of those technical problems is probably financial viability.

Its obvious that they just dont want to make the port for this system that is in nefarious situation...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network
vivster said:

That last sentence does not absolve you from your mudslinging.

It's a 5 member studio. They certainly cannot afford to port to secondary platforms. Which makes it technically impossible for them to do it. This seems just like another case of a platform fan being easily offended and jumping straight into attack mode because he lacks the the power of a dictionary to look up the word "technically".

And that's the actual thing that should botter you.

Savage.

Goodnightmoon said:

It botters me how some indie developers lie to the people. How the hell is XCX, Fast Racing Neo, MK8 or Bayonetta 2 possible on the console and a game like this or Blinding of Isaac Afterbirth isn't? Come on, just say you cannot afford the time it cost to make it happen on WiiU being profitable and that's it, tell the fucking truth, don't get into the "is too weak" train just because is easy, it's pathetic and the lie is too obvious.

That said the game looks cool.

Maybe the fact that its impossible to for the small company to have enough  resources to make a Wii U version is what makes it imposssible.

Considering projected release date, the Wii U will be technically forgotten by then.

Edit: Also, thanks for reminding me that I wanted to back this project!

Signature goes here!

Platina said:
I'm sure the Wii U can run the game..

but I guess what they mean by 'technically impossible' is that they do not have the resources to port it..?

Indeed, I think people are being a bit too literal in the wording on this. Indie devs aren't exactly PR gurus. "Technically impossible" could mean a variety of things, several not even relating to the power of the Wii U system itself.

That said, some games can also be a lot more technically demanding that a simple look at  them would suggest.  Especially if they have a lot of physics/calculations running etc which can be very technically demanding, even if the actual visuals of a game are "shitty 16-bit".

I'd assume they mean it's not technically possible for them as a developer to be able to dedicate the resources to a Wii U version though.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Platina said:
I'm sure the Wii U can run the game..

but I guess what they mean by 'technically impossible' is that they do not have the resources to port it..?

Indeed, I think people are being a bit too literal in the wording on this. Indie devs aren't exactly PR gurus. "Technically impossible" could mean a variety of things, several not even relating to the power of the Wii U system itself.

That said, some games can also be a lot more technically demanding that a simple look at  them would suggest.  Especially if they have a lot of physics/calculations running etc which can be very technically demanding, even if the actual visuals of a game are "shitty 16-bit".

I'd assume they mean it's not technically possible for them as a developer to be able to dedicate the resources to a Wii U version though.

also remember these guys are indies.  they probably don't write code half as optimized as a naughty dog or nintendo.  clearly this style of game could be made on a wiiU but that doesn't mean these guys can write code efficient enough to work on the wiiU. 

hell, the wiiU is suppose to be kind of hard to program.  as a guy that works in software i promise you,.. it is reallly, really easy to program your code in a way that make certain platforms technically impossible without restarting the entire project from scratch when you don't start the project with the platform in mind.