By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U not technically possible

?

lol 85 73.91%

because, its not. 30 26.09%

Total:115
Goodnightmoon said:

It botters me how some indie developers lie to the people. How the hell is XCX, Fast Racing Neo, MK8 or Bayonetta 2 possible on the console and a game like this or Blinding of Isaac Afterbirth isn't? Come on, just say you cannot afford the time it cost to make it happen on WiiU being profitable and that's it, tell the fucking truth, don't get into the "is too weak" train just because is easy, it's pathetic and the lie is too obvious.

That said the game looks cool.

That last sentence does not absolve you from your mudslinging.

It's a 5 member studio. They certainly cannot afford to port to secondary platforms. Which makes it technically impossible for them to do it. This seems just like another case of a platform fan being easily offended and jumping straight into attack mode because he lacks the the power of a dictionary to look up the word "technically".

And that's the actual thing that should botter you.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
baloofarsan said:
Cloudman said:
They probably mean technically budget wise. I am sure it could def run on the Wii U, but at this point, it's not even worth doing. It is better to see if the NX will be a viable console to work on.

You are probably right. When asked about an android version the answer had nothing to do with technical limitations: "No plans for iOS/Android. Premium games don’t do well on those, and adapting the controls to a touchscreen would be rough." 

This game reminds me of Muramasa: The Demon Blade for the Wii.

Yeah, and hearing from others that the game would possibly come out in 2018, it makes less sense to release it on the Wii U. The NX will be well out by then, so waiting for the NX is def a better choice.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Obviously the wii u can run this game, so the issue is not that. I just hope devs were more straightforward with their answers.

Not saying the game can run on Wii U despite what they said, but technically speaking, I foresee in the not to distant future XCX running on my Wii U. :P

In all seriousness, it might be as previously stated here: time, budget, hardware experience, different architecture, etc. I won't hold it against them though this could cause some confusion and resentment. I was considering getting it on PS4, but I think I'll cancel on that. I'll get it on PC

Goodnightmoon said:

It botters me how some indie developers lie to the people. How the hell is XCX, Fast Racing Neo, MK8 or Bayonetta 2 possible on the console and a game like this or Blinding of Isaac Afterbirth isn't? Come on, just say you cannot afford the time it cost to make it happen on WiiU being profitable and that's it, tell the fucking truth, don't get into the "is too weak" train just because is easy, it's pathetic and the lie is too obvious.

Would you prefer they say "non nintendo games sell like shit so it's not worth our time and money"? At least saying this allows them to maintain a solid relationship with nintendo

It's obvious that they exaggerate when they say the game is not technically possible on the console, but it's also an exaggeration to expect an indie dev to have the same resources as MK8, Bayonetta 2, and XCX. 

Around the Network
vivster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It's a 5 member studio. They certainly cannot afford to port to secondary platforms. Which makes it technically impossible for them to do it. This seems just like another case of a platform fan being easily offended and jumping straight into attack mode because he lacks the the power of a dictionary to look up the word "technically".

Is freaking obvious why they choose those exact words. They know the console has already a bad reputation for being weak so they use it as a quick argument, and next day you have a bunch of webs saying "WiiU is not able to run this random 2d game with 6th gen graphics" and this has been happening all the fucking generation and not only with indie games. If they cannot afford it, then say "we cannot afford it", period, don't take profit of the bad reputation, the team of Binding of Isaac just told the people WiiU was barely a PSVita so they were not able to put their 16bit style game on WiiU, do we need a dictionary for that too? or is the lie obvious enough?

And that last sentence I said it cause I mean it. I saw this game before on Jim Sterling channel and I think it looks really cool, independently of how they missinform the audience about why is not on WiiU, and just as I did with Afterbirth I will buy it anyway if it's good on Steam.

It certainly looks like the game could run on Wii U specs, so when they say not technically possible I think they mean something other than Wii U's hardware is too weak. But I have no idea what they might mean beyond that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm sure the Wii U can run the game..

but I guess what they mean by 'technically impossible' is that they do not have the resources to port it..?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Goodnightmoon said:
vivster said:

Is freaking obvious why they choose those exact words. They know the console has already that bad reputation so they use it as a quick argument, and next day you have a bunch of webs saying "WiiU is not able to run this random 2d game with 6th gen graphics" and this has been happening all the fucking generation and not only with indie games. If they cannot afford it, then say "we cannot afford it", period, don't take profit of the bad reputation, the team of Binding of Isaac just told the people WiiU was barely a PSVita so they were not able to put their 16bit style game on WiiU, do we need a dictionary for that too? or is the lie obvious enough?

Not everyone is able to properly communicate. PR is a trip wire for everybody. You have to choose your words carefully to leave yourself open to any eventualities. This developer has no reason to badmouth Wii U so it's ludicrous to insinuate they would actively lie about it. They're an indie developer, everyone knows they don't have enough capacity. 

And again, only idiots will take this statement out of context and pretend it means something different than what it means and we shouldn't give a fuck about what idiots do. 

Let's be honest, at this point it's absolutely irrelevant what is said about the Wii U, be it positive or negative. It won't have any meaningful effect on anything whatsoever.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Its not coming out until 2018? We'll all be gaming on NX consoles by then and will be gaming on those consoles for a couple years. I have no issue with them saying that they are passing on Wii U because of this. I just wish that they would have said the truth instead of taking the easy way out and lie about the Wii U's power.