By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Selling Console Does Not Equal Best Console.

Nintyfan90 said:

I thought so lol, it truly is hilarious seeing Sony fans make the PS4 sound like its library is just so much better lol. Someone that interested in jrpgs would just buy a 3ds since it has all the jrpgs people actually buy besides Final Fantasy which is coming to xb1 if im not mistaken. The reason I chose a xb1 was for the backward compatibility, Sonys track record with playstation network, and ps4s poor multitasking(SNAP is TRUE multitasking).

FFXIV, FFXV, FFVII:R, Star OCean 5, Persona 5, and Ni No Kuni 2 are all on 3DS? Good to know. I'll go throw my PS4 away now, since I already have a 3DS. 

Around the Network

Ok?

Insidb said:
Nintyfan90 said:

I thought so lol, it truly is hilarious seeing Sony fans make the PS4 sound like its library is just so much better lol. Someone that interested in jrpgs would just buy a 3ds since it has all the jrpgs people actually buy besides Final Fantasy which is coming to xb1 if im not mistaken. The reason I chose a xb1 was for the backward compatibility, Sonys track record with playstation network, and ps4s poor multitasking(SNAP is TRUE multitasking).

FFXIV, FFXV, FFVII:R, Star OCean 5, Persona 5, and Ni No Kuni 2 are all on 3DS? Good to know. I'll go throw my PS4 away now, since I already have a 3DS. 

I said people actually buy... The jrpgs people actually buy are Pokemon, MH, DQ, YW.... JRPGs dominate are quite important in japan which in turn allows the platform with the most important jrpgs dominate japan. Which of these(PS4, 3DS) dominate japan and which of these have still failed to catch wiiu? That should obviously tell you which plat to get if you want jrpgs.

PotentHerbs said:
Lmfao 20 pages from an opinion? I'm amazed. But PS4 is the best console: IMO, the majority opinion, the critique opinion but enjoy your XOne.

What's even more hilarious is that its not even about the Xbox One anymore. LOL!

Nintyfan90 said:
Insidb said:

I said people actually buy... The jrpgs people actually buy are Pokemon, MH, DQ, YW.... JRPGs dominate are quite important in japan which in turn allows the platform with the most important jrpgs dominate japan. Which of these(PS4, 3DS) dominate japan and which of these have still failed to catch wiiu? That should obviously tell you which plat to get if you want jrpgs.

Considering that everything you said is technically off-topic, it's not surprse that you completely overlook that these are the CONSOLE JRPGs that people buy. These are sales for the last entries in those franchises (in millions): MH-3.58, FFXIII-5.3, DQ:IX-5.8, NNK-1.46 (first entry), YK2-5.8, SO:LH-1.5, P0/A-9. So, unless your definition of "actually buy" is "sells on handheld platforms," "sells over 5.5M," or is named "Pokemon," these JRPGs are all "quite important." For reference, all of these games are way ahead of where the Tomb Raider is trending, yet that game was planned as a huge X1 system seller. E

As a JRPG fan myself, I buy them for my PS4 or my 3DS. My X1 is there for X1 exclusive (Halo, Forza, TR, KI, etc.), because the multiplates run better on PS4.

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
DonFerrari said:

I don't think almost all the ps fans on here are pertaining to the 1% that care about the other games... seeing like PS3 was catching X360 in SW sold, but had less multimillion or loss on top 10 sold... I would say PS fans care a lot more about variety than X360 fans.

Riiiight.. So thats why the niche jrpgs the ps3 got sold like crap. Or why the top selling ps3 games look completely identical to the 360 top selling games besides the first party exclusives from each.

Please explain sold like crap... because selling like crap for me is being very bellow expectations. Those games sold enough to generate sequels. Some games can be considered very sucessfull by their dev by selling 100k-250k while others need 6M. So you can't put selling like crap for all of them in the sale general ruler.

And yet you think all of them were bought by the same people... you can be sure that more than 20% of PS3 userbase were made of niche buyers.

Just look at games besides shooters in USA sold more on PS3 even if they were almost half of the X360 userbase. That should be enough proof to you that diversity were more important to PS fans than MS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nintyfan90 said:

Riiiight.. So thats why the niche jrpgs the ps3 got sold like crap. Or why the top selling ps3 games look completely identical to the 360 top selling games besides the first party exclusives from each.

Eh, Im gonna go ahead and ask you to prove that the niche JRPGs on PS3 sold like crap. I mean, the PS3 popularised one niche JRPG to the point where it is now classed as one of the biggest JRPG releases available, with the Souls series.

Ni no Kuni sold well enough that we are now getting a sequel on PS4, Valkyria Chronicles sold well enough that the franchise is being continued 8 years after release. Tales of was moved from 360 to Wii due to poor sales, then from Wii to PS3 due to poor sales... And NB havent left PS platforms since the transition. Nier sold well enough that the PS4 is getting an exclusive sequel. The Atelier series is about as niche as you can get, yet saw great success on PS3.

One of the reasons why the PS4 is seeing great support right now, is because of how well these developers did on the PS3. Not all games have to sell 5 Million copies to be a great success.

DakonBlackblade said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

I seriously want to know the context behind this scene.

The kid was trying to point out that the N64 was not worse than the Ps1 because it was selling fewer numbers and getting less games from 3rd parties. That was the time before we had the internet forums and we could actually just throw stuff at the OP of threads like this.

Them were good times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Insidb said:
Nintyfan90 said:
Insidb said:

Considering that everything you said is technically off-topic, it's not surprse that you completely overlook that these are the CONSOLE JRPGs that people buy. These are sales for the last entries in those franchises (in millions): MH-3.58, FFXIII-5.3, DQ:IX-5.8, NNK-1.46 (first entry), YK2-5.8, SO:LH-1.5, P0/A-9. So, unless your definition of "actually buy" is "sells on handheld platforms," "sells over 5.5M," or is named "Pokemon," these JRPGs are all "quite important." For reference, all of these games are way ahead of where the Tomb Raider is trending, yet that game was planned as a huge X1 system seller. E

As a JRPG fan myself, I buy them for my PS4 or my 3DS. My X1 is there for X1 exclusive (Halo, Forza, TR, KI, etc.), because the multiplates run better on PS4.

Oh god, yet again a Sony fan trying to seperate home consoles and handhelds lol, because japan clearly cares about the difference. Also your post is quite confusing, it clearly shows a huge difference between Poke, FF, DQ, and YK vs. NNK, SO:LH, and PO. This is off topic so ill leave it with this.

DonFerrari said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Please explain sold like crap... because selling like crap for me is being very bellow expectations. Those games sold enough to generate sequels. Some games can be considered very sucessfull by their dev by selling 100k-250k while others need 6M. So you can't put selling like crap for all of them in the sale general ruler.

And yet you think all of them were bought by the same people... you can be sure that more than 20% of PS3 userbase were made of niche buyers.

Just look at games besides shooters in USA sold more on PS3 even if they were almost half of the X360 userbase. That should be enough proof to you that diversity were more important to PS fans than MS.

20% is doubtful but ok. I guess that explains why the PS3s biggest selling games are the same as the 360s lol. None of those niche games are no where to be found oddly except at the bottom.