By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Yes, the update that pushed it to 10 was the one with Cyber Monday sales. Though, let's not forget, that counts for December NPD, despite going for Amazon's November.
NDC is selling normally as expected now..just hasn't reflected in the hourlies.
I expect both PS4 bundles to shoot up to 1 and 2 in the monthlies during the 2 week cut though.

Around the Network

Haha what the eff?? That monthly makes no sense. 

Teeqoz said:
celador said:
Well it must still be selling well given how quickly it got to #10 on the yearly chart. It has been climbing that chart faster than the Star Wars bundle, and that is way back at #92.

Obviously, but that is mostly attributed to Black Friday and Cyber Monday I think. Not sales in december.

But it did move from #28 to #10 in the past 3-5 days, which when in the lower ranks, is a huge jump. 

Teeqoz said:

I'm positively baffled at how the hourly charts work now :-3. I mean, when we know that the Wii U was the bestselling item since tuesday, while the PS4 has been the #1 item on the hourlies all the time, that would mean the hourlies are a running average of 5 days+. That, or there's some other, non-sales related stuff factoring in. Or they are starting to do advertisement-based charts :-/

Oh and OP updated with monthly numbers.

I'd figure it had to do with the $250 price on WiiU MK8 bundle was exclusive to Amazon - whereas $300 PS4/X1 bundles are routinely available for a large number of retailers. As the deadline on price drop nears, WiiU gets a high velocity of order converts because customers know they probably won't find that deal again soon.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

pitzy272 said:
Teeqoz said:

Obviously, but that is mostly attributed to Black Friday and Cyber Monday I think. Not sales in december.

But it did move from #28 to #10 in the past 3-5 days, which when in the lower ranks, is a huge jump. 

Yes, because updates to the yearly chart lag behind the time we're currently at. Hence why decembers chart just now showed up, despite us being 4 days into december by now.

Around the Network

Btw the SW bundle went up to 86 in the yearly. All of this at 350
With 2 weeks at 300.. I expect it to either end up as the top sku in the yearly or right next to NDC.

Roronaa_chan said:
Btw the SW bundle went up to 86 in the yearly. All of this at 350
With 2 weeks at 300.. I expect it to either end up as the top sku in the yearly or right next to NDC.

Pffff, the PS4 standalone got to 38 in the yearly at 400, with no game bundled :-3

fleischr said:
Teeqoz said:

I'm positively baffled at how the hourly charts work now :-3. I mean, when we know that the Wii U was the bestselling item since tuesday, while the PS4 has been the #1 item on the hourlies all the time, that would mean the hourlies are a running average of 5 days+. That, or there's some other, non-sales related stuff factoring in. Or they are starting to do advertisement-based charts :-/

Oh and OP updated with monthly numbers.

I'd figure it had to do with the $250 price on WiiU MK8 bundle was exclusive to Amazon - whereas $300 PS4/X1 bundles are routinely available for a large number of retailers. As the deadline on price drop nears, WiiU gets a high velocity of order converts because customers know they probably won't find that deal again soon.

I'm not baffled at the Wii U being #1 for the month, I'm baffled at how the PS4 has been #1 on the hourly charts all month when the Wii U was the bestselling product

So basically F*** the hourly on and around blg retail holidays?

Look at the ratings on the products. The NDC definitely sold a shit ton. It's total ratings are catching up with the gears bundle fast and we know how much longer that was out. The Wii U has much less ratings. If anything it's the monthlies that are odd.