By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

so basically f** the monthlies?

Around the Network

amazon it's useless

DannyDanger89 said:
so basically f** the monthlies?

No, the monthly is fine.

BraLoD said:
iTzCharlie said:
amazon it's useless

You liked to post the rankings when the XBOX was doing well, though.

At least I was right, in this thread there are 20+ pages where the same people, that in every Amazon thread always talk about how the ps4 it's destroying the xbox, who has discussed of absolutely nothing, already calling a ps4 domination based on data that isn't reliable.

I'm going to have a guess.
The rankings are updated hourly but factor in sales over the past week. But the older the sales, the less influence. So sales from 1 day ago would hold more weight that sales from 5 days ago for example. The high BF sales is holding it at number one. There is little lag in the hourlies, we know this because the bundles shot up the charts within hours of going on sale.

Around the Network

We already knew that.. That's why we look at yearly and monthly to begin with. Hourlies are an indicator of trends. The bigger charts are an actual ranking of sold amounts.

Monthly chart makes sense. Hourly does not. I am going with BF to Cyber Monday broke Amazon's algorithm for hourlies.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

The weekly has PS4 on top because it includes Cyber Monday. The monthly only started on Tuesday.
Seeing as how December NPD includes cyber Monday, that weekly chart is indeed more relevant (for now) than the monthly for NPD purposes.

Man WiiU number 1 it looks good I guess being positive is okay

GribbleGrunger said:
Roronaa_chan said:
December monthly is up
Wii U #1

SW bundle at 11 and NDC at 16. Told you the hourlies weren't right. At price parity, SW > NDC without a doubt

X1 at 39 and 40

That's odd, but you really believe (given it's clearly slightly wrong) that the WiiU is at #1 in the US? For me, it shows there's something wrong with the monthlies, not that hourlies.

I agree.  Every other time, the hourlies have correlated with the monthies in showing trends.  I think something is going screwy with the monthlies due to the holidays.  Wouldn't be the first time, considering we have had it where the PS4 standalone would be in the hourlies all month, but mysterously vanish, reappear, then vanish again from the monthlies. 

I'm sure some want to hope the Wii U is all of a sudden starting to outsell the others decently, but that ain't happening.