By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Nuvendil said:
jason1637 said:
Also it seem like rainbow 6 flopped.

Hate to say this, but I am quite happy to hear that.  A Rainbow Six game with no campaign?  Screw that, and screw whoever came up with that idea.

I'm glad it flopped as well. Campaign is what made the game in the past.

Yeah, where did all these multiplayer only games come from. Was Titanfall really that successful that people thought they could do this will loads of other properties? At least with Destiny Bungie pretended to make a single player campaign, and a year later they more or less gave everyone the SP game that should have been in the original. Evolve hasn't done well. The only way Star Wars is going to sell any decent numbers is because it's Star Wars, with Luke Vader, Han and Leia all playable. Anything else and it would have bombed harder than Rainbow 6 is bombing.

I almost feel like going out and buying Halo 5 just to support a game that continues to try to give a good SP campaign. Even though I am pretty certain I'll never own a Xb one. But then I remember the slightly lesser shafting that Halo fans got with removal of splitscreen and I think it's better to save my money.

Anyway I have Uncharted and Horizon to look forward to.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Ps4 #1
Xbox #11

Ps4 #14
Xbox #31

Looks like the perfect storm. Uncharted 4 beta must be driving a lot of purchases and battlefront movie hype must be helping that.

Meanwhile the two lacklustre xbox bundles are dropping.

It's going to be a slaughter when both of those hit 299 and the movie hype goes into over drive.

Sony hit a home run this year.

Being a 5 week NPD, I think we're in for a 1.4M+ PS4 NPD in December. With my 1.3M prediction for Nov, that's 2.7M in those two months, which could result in WW numbers of around 8M for the same period. Would Sony really have enough stock for that? Their shipments would have to exceed projections, reaching at least 37M at the end of the year (they had 39.3M planned for end of March).

OneKartVita said:
Ps4 #1
Xbox #11

Ps4 #14
Xbox #31

Looks like the perfect storm. Uncharted 4 beta must be driving a lot of purchases and battlefront movie hype must be helping that.

Meanwhile the two lacklustre xbox bundles are dropping.

It's going to be a slaughter when both of those hit 299 and the movie hype goes into over drive.

Sony hit a home run this year.

Now ps4 15 and XBO 12. 

So these two pretty much cancel each other out. Which makes it basically ps4 #1 vs XBO #30. 

Holy mother has anyone seen Gamestop's bestseller list? Don't have time to type everything up ATM but top 50 is:
1 ps4 NDC
2 ps4 NDC 12/4 release
44 ps4 BO3
46 ps4 NDC plus 1yr ps plus

Didn't look at full 50-100 list but saw several XBOs and one or 2 ps4s

edit: forgot link

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#04 WU Mario Kart Bundle (up 1)
#12 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 3)
#15 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 1)
#30 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 1)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 2 in the top 100
XB1 - 10 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo + Forza + FIFA Bundle ($499)
Three Games + FIFA Steelbook Bundle ($399)
Gears Bundle ($339)
Gears + FIFA Steelbook Bundle ($350)
Halo LE Bundle ($478)
Kinect + Three Games Bundle ($440)

PS4 Deals:

50% Off 1 Years PS+
Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1

Coming 6th:
Star Wars Bundle ($300)
Nathan Drake Bundle ($300)

WiiU Deals:
None at the moment

The PS5 Exists. 

Looks like Uncharted is staying at the top spot all the way through to the next price drop.

Very impressive.

celador said:
Looks like Uncharted is staying at the top spot all the way through to the next price drop.

Very impressive.

is there a mythical sales rank above #1 ? NDC is going there soon

I'm starting to find how well the uncharted bundle seems to be doing the most interesting of the holidays. Sony cashing in on the people who never played uncharted is working out extremely well. I wonder what this will do for Uncharted 4's sales when it comes out.

I'm still suspicious of that. I hope Amazon hasn't started doing sponsor-influenced rankings like other sites.