By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
AEGRO said:

Ok so, its pretty clear that the Ps4 will demolish again the X1 this month.

2015 closed with a NPD score of:

Playstation 4 (10) vs Xbox One (2)

Not Bad.

That's how last year ended also.

True. Though last year XB1 had two very big wins in two very big months. So it amounted to hundreds of thousands of units.
This year they won only by 7k one month (it was a poor month for all consoles) and I think it was 13k another month.

Btw, I recall someone with a Levi avatar commenting on how the Star Wars bundle was "dropping fast" three months ago because the Beta was over and "the hype had died down", every time it went down 2 or 3 spots, and dissmissing comments saying the movie coming out would push sales of the bundle. Wonder how he feels about how it's been doing as of late. Pretty good getting #3 for a bundle with no hype.



Around the Network
Insidb said:
BraLoD said:
Insidb said:
BraLoD said:
#NeverMultiquote

#NeverForget

#7-11

 

7-11 was a part time job





Sixteenvolt420 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Don't take it out on me, pray to the VGC gods for a better multiquote system.



 

But if that were to happen, they'd have to add more ads.

adblock says hi

Hiku said:
jason1637 said:
AEGRO said:

Ok so, its pretty clear that the Ps4 will demolish again the X1 this month.

2015 closed with a NPD score of:

Playstation 4 (10) vs Xbox One (2)

Not Bad.

That's how last year ended also.

True. Though last year XB1 had two very big wins in two very big months. So it amounted to hundreds of thousands of units.
This year they won only by 7k one month (it was a poor month for all consoles) and I think it was 13k another month.

Btw, I recall someone with a Levi avatar commenting on how the Star Wars bundle was "dropping fast" three months ago because the Beta was over and "the hype had died down", every time it went down 2 or 3 spots, and dissmissing comments saying the movie coming out would push sales of the bundle. Wonder how he feels about how it's been doing as of late. Pretty good getting #3 for a bundle with no hype.

 

Yeah last year they won the most important months while this year it wasn't really the same case.



jason1637 said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

True. Though last year XB1 had two very big wins in two very big months. So it amounted to hundreds of thousands of units.
This year they won only by 7k one month (it was a poor month for all consoles) and I think it was 13k another month.

Btw, I recall someone with a Levi avatar commenting on how the Star Wars bundle was "dropping fast" three months ago because the Beta was over and "the hype had died down", every time it went down 2 or 3 spots, and dissmissing comments saying the movie coming out would push sales of the bundle. Wonder how he feels about how it's been doing as of late. Pretty good getting #3 for a bundle with no hype.

 

Yeah last year they won the most important months while this year it wasn't really the same case.

Finally installed AD Block on Chrome. First visit, it blocked 5 Ads.





3 hours since last update:

#16 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 3)
#21 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#30 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#50 N3DS Black (up 1)
#92 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 8)
#93 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 3)
#99 PS4 Fool's Edition (re-entry)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 2 in the top 100



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Around the Network

Hourly Update (~3 hours since last update)

PS4 COD bundle: #15 (↑1)
PS4 Star Wars bundle: #19 (↑2)
XBO Gears bundle: #31 (↓1)
New 3DS XL: #55 (↓5)
PS4 NDC bundle: #85 (↑8)
XBO 3-game bundles: #94 (↓2)
PS4 standalone: #97 (↑2)

While it's been less than 48 hours since it happened and thus too early to establish a trend, if things keep up January could be a runaway victory for the PS4, the gap being even bigger than it was last January. For the last couple of days at least, at GameStop.com the COD & Star Wars bundles are way ahead of the best-selling XBO bundle. At BestBuy.com it's not as big of a runaway for the PS4; the COD bundle is at #1 while the Gears bundle is #13, the Star Wars bundle is at #21, the Wii U at #31, and the Tomb Raider bundle at #38.

The XBO couldn't manage to be the overall winner of the first three quarters of this year even at $50 below parity. With pricing now back at parity, the XBO doesn't stand a chance. MS better hope that the PS4 doesn't reintroduce the $300 price point permanently anytime soon. It's a price war they can't win, especially if their primary objective is to make money off the XBO instead of trying to get it to be market leader in the U.S.



Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Shadow1980 said:

Hourly Update (~3 hours since last update)

PS4 COD bundle: #15 (↑1)
PS4 Star Wars bundle: #19 (↑2)
XBO Gears bundle: #31 (↓1)
New 3DS XL: #55 (↓5)
PS4 NDC bundle: #85 (↑8)
XBO 3-game bundles: #94 (↓2)
PS4 standalone: #97 (↑2)

While it's been less than 48 hours since it happened and thus too early to establish a trend, if things keep up January could be a runaway victory for the PS4, the gap being even bigger than it was last January. For the last couple of days at least, at GameStop.com the COD & Star Wars bundles are way ahead of the best-selling XBO bundle. At BestBuy.com it's not as big of a runaway for the PS4; the COD bundle is at #1 while the Gears bundle is #13, the Star Wars bundle is at #21, the Wii U at #31, and the Tomb Raider bundle at #38.

The XBO couldn't manage to be the overall winner of the first three quarters of this year even at $50 below parity. With pricing now back at parity, the XBO doesn't stand a chance. MS better hope that the PS4 doesn't reintroduce the $300 price point permanently anytime soon. It's a price war they can't win, especially if their primary objective is to make money off the XBO instead of trying to get it to be market leader in the U.S.

Yeah I forgot that the Xbox One was cheaper for like 9 months.  Also, it will be interesting to see what the overall gap change is.   The gap grew in 2015.





14 hours since last update:

#14 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 1)
#23 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 4)
#35 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 4)
#51 N3DS Black (up 4)
#92 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 7)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 1 in the top 100




 

The PS5 Exists. 


CosmicSex said:

Yeah I forgot that the Xbox One was cheaper for like 9 months.  Also, it will be interesting to see what the overall gap change is.   The gap grew in 2015.


Actually the gap shrank this year versus last year. Here's how much more the PS4 sold percentage-wise compared to the XBO for the first three quarters of last year and this year, rounded to the nearest 0.1%:

Q1 '14: +30.4%
Q2 '14: +71%
Q3 '14: +59.1%
Overall total: +49.7%

Q1 '15: +31.8%
Q2 '15: +10.9%
Q3 '15: +14.1%
Overall total: +19.1%

The XBO didn't really do well in Q1 compared to last year, but Q2 & Q3 were big improvements. Through the first three quarters of the year, the XBO was up 16.9%, but Q2 & Q3 alone were up 34.3%, though a lot of that was due to how terrible the XBO did in Q2 2014. The XBO was down 6.8% in Q1, up 60.2% for Q2, and up 16.9% for Q3.

Meanwhile, the PS4 was actually down 7% through the first three quarters. You can blame Destiny for that, though. Through the first 8 months of this year the PS4 was up YoY by only 1%, effectively flat, so September alone got the PS4 down YoY. The PS4 was down 5.7% in Q1, up 3.9% in Q2, and down 16.2% in Q3.

Here's how the PS4 & XBO did in 2015 vs. 2014:



Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Dat yoy jump for PS4, damn.