By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Turtles Game by Platinum Games!

Carl2291 said:
Lawlight said:

Did you check their recent outputs? They were garbage.

lolwut?

Since 2013 they released Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Transformers Devastation. All games which reviewed well.

As of right now? Nintendo has them making Star Fox, Microsoft has them making Scalebound and Square Enix has them making a new Nier game. Platinum Games, "garbage"? When it comes to opinions, this is one of the worst.

Add legend of korra to that. Yes, all of those are garbage, unless you like mindless action games. The only reason they get to do so many games is because they just churn them out - 2 to 3 a year, which explains the quality.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Add legend of korra to that. Yes, all of those are garbage, unless you like mindless action games. The only reason they get to do so many games is because they just churn them out - 2 to 3 a year, which explains the quality.

So for literally millions of people, those games arent garbage.

Gotcha.

You say theyre garbage, I say theyre a dev team with an ever growing fanbase and reputation for putting out extremely fun and unique videogames.

Lawlight said:
Carl2291 said:

lolwut?

Since 2013 they released Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Transformers Devastation. All games which reviewed well.

As of right now? Nintendo has them making Star Fox, Microsoft has them making Scalebound and Square Enix has them making a new Nier game. Platinum Games, "garbage"? When it comes to opinions, this is one of the worst.

Whao whaoo...to all one's own opinion, but of the games I played that you've listed I actually enjoyed them.  None of them comes closet to 'garbage' material.

Makes me wonder what are all the games you like and see how many of them I think they're 'garbage'.

One day my friend, you might actually like one of their games and I'll be waiting to serve you a crow =P

Nautilus said:
ErikaEinhardt said:
Nautilus said:
Good lord, how big is Platinum Games?How many freaking teams they have?!?!?

Rather small tbh, only 175 employees.

Im assuming its a small team that did Korra, Transformers and now TMNT.

But yeah sometimes it feels like they are spread thin but they rarely dissapoint.

Thats the reason of my surprise.They are working in what now?4 different projects?how can they have so many projects with such a small team?Either they are miracle workers, or companies offers the team more workers for the projects they work on

To be fair, they very rarely work on a game alone. Almost every project they do is a partnership. Star Fox is a co-development. Nier Automata is a co-development.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lawlight said:
Ruler said:

Never they are just a good devoloper. Last gen they made also a lot of games across wii and ps360

Did you check their recent outputs? They were garbage.

You know they developed Bayonetta 2 right?Even transformers was a good game from all I heard.What are you trying to acomplish here?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I had no idea they did Transfomers. Might check it out. I enjoyed pretty much every PG game I've played, so I'm interested in this. Still can't believe they're developing NieR. 

Carl2291 said:
Lawlight said:

So for literally millions of people, those games arent garbage.

Gotcha.

You say theyre garbage, I say theyre a dev team with an ever growing fanbase and reputation for putting out extremely fun and unique videogames.

Evergrowing fanbase? I don't think so. Transformers: Devastation flopped based on VGChartz's numbers. So did Wonderful 101. Revengeance sold ok thanks to the name. Bayonetta 2 didn't do great. Legend of Korra flopped badly. So, where's this ever growing fanbase?

V-r0cK said:
Lawlight said:

Whao whaoo...to all one's own opinion, but of the games I played that you've listed I actually enjoyed them.  None of them comes closet to 'garbage' material.

Makes me wonder what are all the games you like and see how many of them I think they're 'garbage'.

One day my friend, you might actually like one of their games and I'll be waiting to serve you a crow =P

Well, I only played Bayonetta, Vanquish and Revengeance (thanks to PS+) from them. All these games are so bland. Garbage is too strong a word for these games but average is exactly what they are.