By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the xbone going to fall off a cliff?

Will sales fall off a clif in the coming years?

Yes 391 49.56%

No 264 33.46%

Potato 134 16.98%

Total:789

With the amount of exclusives and PSVR coming next year, Xbox One will most like drop off a cliff very soon. Xbox One is too similar to PS4, only weaker, and the amount of support the PS4 is receiving from third parties is insane. Mix that with PS4's awesome first party that MS can not match and things start to look very bleak for Xbox One.

Around the Network

Falling off a cliff is probably a little extreme. A slippery slope is how I'd describe it and Uncharted 4 will give it an extra push.

The PS5 Exists. 

Curmudgeon said:
Farsala said:
Casuals in US, and shooter fans will still support Xbox. Sony still can't figure out how to capture most of the casual market, so I think Xbox and Wii U still have some sales yet. If Sony manages to convince them to jump ship then we shall see some explosive sales for PS4 and nothing else.

What? Sony has always captured a lot of the casual market. You don't sell 100+ million consoles without owning the casual market. Looking at ps4 sales this not different this gen and casuals are very much on board with Sony, more so than with the other consoles I'd say. There's a lot of people out there who get a console just for CoD, Fifa, GTA and not much more.

I am talking Gen X and children. Despite Sony's brand and dominance they split it pretty evenly with Xbox and Nintendo brands in the US in recent years.

The people that buy CoD, Fifa, and GTA are fairly core as they buy more then the average or average attach rate. The casuals are the ones that buy 4 or less games Lifetime.

It surely will.

My sources tells me so, and I've done some infiltration inside the microsoft flagship store in NYC.

Believe it!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It still got a year in it before the competition becomes too overwhelming..

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Fallout 4 just sold 2 million+ copies on Xbox week 1.

Its likely sold over 4 million copies of Black Ops (in two weeks).

All whilst still selling tonnes of copies of Halo, Rise of the Tomb Raider and plenty of multiplats.

The only reason publishers would even consider forgoing the massive revenue from releasing at low cost on a console with similar power and architecture to the PS4 is a massive insertion of funds from Sony. And Sony is less and less likely to do that, given their strong market position.

So the short answer is no, the Xbox is not about to fall off a cliff.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I see this generation being very similar to the 5th generation.

PS4=PS1, market leader in all regions and dominates the competition on a global level.

XB1=N64, strong start and competitive in America but thoroughly dominated in other regions and an early peak keep it in a very distant 2nd.

Wii U=Saturn, niche product that never was in the running but able to survive based on 1st party releases.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
I see this generation being very similar to the 5th generation.

PS4=PS1, market leader in all regions and dominates the competition on a global level.

XB1=N64, strong start and competitive in America but thoroughly dominated in other regions and an early peak keep it in a very distant 2nd.

Wii U=Saturn, niche product that never was in the running but able to survive based on 1st party releases.

Really? It seems more like the 7th gen where the tables have been turned...

But no.

There's still money on our ship... The PS4 also does not cater to me, but my personal preferences are mutually exclusive to some of the people that the PS4 does cater to...

TheObserver said:

PS4 literally has every gamer's taste covered as far as I can see, there's no reason to not get one.

Not mine, and I have several reasons not to get one. 

I see this as repeat of the N64 gen. Back then it sold well in America but bad elsewhere. Now you have the xbox selling well in the US but bad elsewhere.