By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the xbone going to fall off a cliff?

Will sales fall off a clif in the coming years?

Yes 391 49.56%

No 264 33.46%

Potato 134 16.98%

Total:789
Chazore said:
TheObserver said:

You can't name a single game you like and you claim to be a gamer? and then you have a problem with being called a troll?

get out.lol

Why does it have to be just a single game to you?, I'm not a type that likes to be ultra specific when it comes to games I like over all else.

I wouldn't tell me to get out btw because you know where that gets you.

It's a figure of speech, calm down.

You said you have some very unique tastes in gaming that a PS4 is unable to appeal to, so I just wanted get a better understanding of the snowflke you are. 

Around the Network

I don't think it will, the sales have never been high enough for much room for that. The relatively slow lifetime sales will probably see to it that the One gets a soft blow on its way down.

TheObserver said:

It's a figure of speech, calm down.

You said you have some very unique tastes in gaming that a PS4 is unable to appeal to, so I just wanted get a better understanding of the snowflke you are. 

Not really and I am perfectly calm, you don't really sound it though with how you've responded to me this entire time.

Why do you want to understand someone like me who games on a platform you have no interest in nor one who has no interest in yours?, your desire to know how I tick in terms of games is merely going to end with "oh well PS4 has this like on your platform or something like X". It's not like I live under a rock and don't look into the libraries of each system, I do this for every time a new release or upcoming project is announced to see where it lands, how it interests me and what it could do to interest me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Casuals in US, and shooter fans will still support Xbox. Sony still can't figure out how to capture most of the casual market, so I think Xbox and Wii U still have some sales yet. If Sony manages to convince them to jump ship then we shall see some explosive sales for PS4 and nothing else.

Shadow1980 said:

I doubt it. I think the XBO will be roughly flat YoY through the first half of next year (so, about 1200-1300k for the six-month period in the U.S.), but I think that at E3 or sometime in Q3 they will announce and release an XBO Slim that will retail for $300. At that point I suspect the XBO's sales will experience a boost, similar to how the 360 finally hit its stride when the 360S was released. Here's what I think we might see in the next few years assuming the NX does not effect PS4 & XBO sales in any way and the PS5 and Xbox 4 are released in 2019:

Of course, it's likely that my predictions past 2016 are going to be way off, and I may be overly conservative with my projections. For all I know the PS4 could do much better at $300 than it does at $350.

I think your predictions for 2016 are too optimistic. Sony has a boatload of exclusives and will probably introduce a permanent price-cut and possibly a PS4 slim too.

After the reception of Halo, Gears and scalebound aren't going to do much. Not to mention Xbone has already been selling for pretty cheap. 

Around the Network

Xbone Sales will decline slowly each year until Microsoft exits the console industry and Sega comes back.

No it will stay steady

TheObserver said:
JEMC said:
The PS2 era was very long ago and things have changed quite a bit since then.

Games are a lot more expensive to develop and if there's a platform like the XboxOne where publishers know that they'll be able to sell 1.5-2 million copies of their games, they will keep supporting it.

In that case things don't look too promising, because so far only 15 games have sold over 1.5 million on XB1, and a lot of them are from the same few frnchises. The sales potential for most stuff that's not CoD, Halo, Madden is very limited on XB1.

And for a lot of games that have historically been associated with Playstation like MGS, FF, TR, etc. it might actually be more beneficial to release exlusively on PS4 and get some boost from the exclusivity marketing.

Two things to consider:

1-XboxOne has only sold, by our numbers, 15 million consoles. Being able to sell that much on such userbase is remarcable. That means that those 15 games have been able to reach 1 of 10 X1 users.

2-We don't have digital sales, so the number of games that have reached those numbers can, and will be, more than just 15.

Just think about it, even if a publisher only gets $40 for every game, that's 40 millions for each million games sold. That's the whole budget of a lot of games, leaving all what comes from PC and PS4 as pure profit... Unless it's a game like GTA V, where that only amounts to a fifth of the total budget (and in that case, every penny counts).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
TheObserver said:
JEMC said:
The PS2 era was very long ago and things have changed quite a bit since then.

Games are a lot more expensive to develop and if there's a platform like the XboxOne where publishers know that they'll be able to sell 1.5-2 million copies of their games, they will keep supporting it.

In that case things don't look too promising, because so far only 15 games have sold over 1.5 million on XB1, and a lot of them are from the same few frnchises. The sales potential for most stuff that's not CoD, Halo, Madden is very limited on XB1.

And for a lot of games that have historically been associated with Playstation like MGS, FF, TR, etc. it might actually be more beneficial to release exlusively on PS4 and get some boost from the exclusivity marketing.

Two things to consider:

1-XboxOne has only sold, by our numbers, 15 million consoles. Being able to sell that much on such userbase is remarcable. That means that those 15 games have been able to reach 1 of 10 X1 users.

2-We don't have digital sales, so the number of games that have reached those numbers can, and will be, more than just 15.

Just think about it, even if a publisher only gets $40 for every game, that's 40 millions for each million games sold. That's the whole budget of a lot of games, leaving all what comes from PC and PS4 as pure profit... Unless it's a game like GTA V, where that only amounts to a fifth of the total budget (and in that case, every penny counts).

You are also forgetting multiple things.
1.) A significant portion of XB1 owners also own a PS4.
2.) A significant portion of XB1 owners would be willing to buy a PS4 if the XB1 starts to get trampled.
3.) Playstation VR (if doesn't end up being a PS TV level flop). The XB1's OR "integration" is pathetic and reaks of "us too".  We will need to see what happens with VR, as the XB1 cannot partake in the market.

Farsala said:
Casuals in US, and shooter fans will still support Xbox. Sony still can't figure out how to capture most of the casual market, so I think Xbox and Wii U still have some sales yet. If Sony manages to convince them to jump ship then we shall see some explosive sales for PS4 and nothing else.

What? Sony has always captured a lot of the casual market. You don't sell 100+ million consoles without owning the casual market. Looking at ps4 sales this not different this gen and casuals are very much on board with Sony, more so than with the other consoles I'd say. There's a lot of people out there who get a console just for CoD, Fifa, GTA and not much more.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx