By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will We Get Any Hardware Revisions This Gen?

Hardware revisions this gen?

Yes, all three 1 0.88%

No, none 9 7.96%

Wii U only 3 2.65%

Xbone only 9 7.96%

PS4 only 15 13.27%

Xbone and PS4 67 59.29%

I like penguins... 9 7.96%

Total:113

For PS4 and Xbox One.

Around the Network

Yes, but obviously not for Wii U

Sony has done revisions of all its previous consoles, and I don't see a reason for not doing it again with PS4.

MSoft did two revisions of the 360 and with X1 being so big, I'm confident they'll also do it this time.

With Wii U selling so low and with NX being so close, I don't see Nintendo doing it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I can't really see Nintendo making a wiiU slim for all the reasons mentioned in OP and the fact that it looks positively tiny already next to my PS3 super slim.

I don't think microsoft is going to bother with a revision either, so that leaves Sony. That said, I think a ps4 slim is quite likely, especially if we get a die shrink. Although like others said, a hardware redesign is more about sales than actual formfactor. Sometimes a remodel is significantly cheaper to produce though, so that could come into play at some point.

Rob5VGC said:

For Xbox One, sure. For PS4, I think it's already slim as it is. Unless you want it to be close to the size of the PSTV. lol

They can do two fixes. The shitty touch buttons and the slanted shape.

Around the Network

WII U will get one like the wii mini.
XB1 and PS4 will get one with 4k streaming but for the XB1 it will be slim. I expect a new xb1 next year and ps4 2017. Wii U mini 2017(after NX)

Does the PS4 CUH-1200 count as a hardware revision? If so, then there already has been a hardware revision this gen.

I heard Wii U is getting one next year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I really like the eraser design of the PS4 XD more than a redesign I just want a completely clear model :3 The Wii U is fine. The only one I'd like to see a redesign for is the X1. The design just looks like a cable box. It'd be cooler if it had a more modern look to it. Something along the lines of the 360 Slim

Im like 90% sure there will be a slim version of a PS4 after the die shrinks from 28nm ---> 14nm.

Once power consumption drops to like half of what it currently is,
the CPU cooler can get smaller & and the power unit it has too.

It ll save costs too, its just a matter of how big demand is for it. Will a revision be worth the cost it takes to do one? Im pretty sure if PS4 continues to sell well the answear will be a clear yes.