By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Former IGN And GameSpot Journalists Threaten Play-Asia For Supporting Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3

BasilZero said:
Threatening =/= boycotting lol

I thought they were gonna sue them for whatever dumb reason.

Anyways, this gives Play Asia and Dead or Alive more attention than anything which is what Play Asia was probably going for.

Though I swear Dead or Alive XXX is cheaper on that other Asian store: AmiAmi or w/e its called.

Basically this, a number of articles have popped up about this issue, all of which are kind of mischaracterizing the situation.  The 'journalists' in question, basically said they wouldn't be buying from Play-Asia, again (It's being reported that this = Threat, it does not.).  Which is rather amusing, considering that implies they've purchased from Play-Asia before, and many of the games on there, are actually rather worse than anything shown in DOA (With regards to the SJW Nonsense, that is).  Liana Kerzner's video on it was pretty decent imo.  Also, several 'journalists' were reporting that they'd been faithful customers of Play-Asia, since...before the site was even launched.  So yeah, all in all, lots of misinformation, and stupidity. 

It's worth  mentioning that ever since Play-Asia first made the tweet about SJW nonsense, and the ensuing 'backlash', their twitter following has more than doubled. lol.

Around the Network

Might have to buy a game i have no interest in just to stick it to the pc sjw morons.

I'm buying the game now. I'll pre order for the PS4 version.

The only one of those that was really threatening was the Carolyn chick.

The rest are very dogmatic and immature to blacklist a company just because they used an acronym you dislike, but definitely not threatening.

I said it once and I'll say it again. They had to include male characters in that game so no one would complain about it.

Around the Network
the_dark_lewd said:
The only one of those that was really threatening was the Carolyn chick.

The rest are very dogmatic and immature to blacklist a company just because they used an acronym you dislike, but definitely not threatening.

The funny thing is they say they'll no longer shop there.  Take a look at what's sold there, take a look at the advertising that apparently is common there.  Exactly how is DOA the game that made them say 'No way, I can't tolerate this kind of muhsoggyknees'

I like the cut of Play Asia's jibe. Maybe I'll gift DOAX3 to a friend.

Can't blame them. Filth like this can't be allowed to exist in gaming. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to murder some random civilians and rip out a few spines.

Augen said:
We don't know ultimately why Koei Tecmo is electing to not bring it west. They said is was due to fear of outrage from certain groups. Can say they really feel that way or that they are covering other reason.

It stinks have to import a game as I always favor localizations and people having choice. I never got people wanting others not to buy something because they don't enjoy it.

i dont know maybe its because they arent dependent on the western markets as it used to be numbers show

https://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/php/pdf/ird3_20151119.pdf

Censorship is crazy right now, the SJW pendulum have swing too far left. Now I can't release a product that have half naked females, but it's ok for me to release products that have men fighting and killing each other. The war on penis is outta control.