By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Former IGN And GameSpot Journalists Threaten Play-Asia For Supporting Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3

KT must be absolutely loving this. And Play-Asia too. As they say, there's no such thing as bad press. This parallels how every time there is a mass shooting and gun control advocates get a lot of press, all the gun dealers see a spike in business because all teh gun freaks get afraid that they won;t be able to buy guns anymore, or they need to increase their arsenal just in case someone tries to come take their guns away.

People are going to buy this game from Play Asia, just because. So now PA and KT win, they sell more in the west than they would have if they officially released the game and they don;t need to spend a cent on localisation or marketing.

This is hilarious. The new marketing technique is SJW baiting. Bait a few SJWs and all your marketing of sexy games is done for you at no cost.

It's as if people think that criticism from SJWs prevents content that is objectionable to SJWs from ever being produced in or profitable in the west. Hello! Spectre is an SJW's nightmare, and that's gonna do fine.

All that evidence? That's evidence of SJWs talking shit about stuff with sexist content. So what? That's been going on forever. Why is it suddenly a problem for releasing DoA?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
vivster said:
Damn. I may have to really buy it now to support a good cause.

Same. I will maybe get the game only because i want to piss on SJW.

binary solo said:
KT must be absolutely loving this. And Play-Asia too. As they say, there's no such thing as bad press. This parallels how every time there is a mass shooting and gun control advocates get a lot of press, all the gun dealers see a spike in business because all teh gun freaks get afraid that they won;t be able to buy guns anymore, or they need to increase their arsenal just in case someone tries to come take their guns away.

People are going to buy this game from Play Asia, just because. So now PA and KT win, they sell more in the west than they would have if they officially released the game and they don;t need to spend a cent on localisation or marketing.

This is hilarious. The new marketing technique is SJW baiting. Bait a few SJWs and all your marketing of sexy games is done for you at no cost.

It's as if people think that criticism from SJWs prevents content that is objectionable to SJWs from ever being produced in or profitable in the west. Hello! Spectre is an SJW's nightmare, and that's gonna do fine.

All that evidence? That's evidence of SJWs talking shit about stuff with sexist content. So what? That's been going on forever. Why is it suddenly a problem for releasing DoA?

Yeah sure, 200k people are going to order from PlayAsia, thats the number which they would have to reach to be close to the last game which sold this much in the west. What a profitable bussines practice not releasing games and letting people import which costs a s%it ton of extra money not made by KoeiTecmo (taxes, shipping cost).

Ruler said:
binary solo said:

Yeah sure, 200k people are going to order from PlayAsia, thats the number which they would have to reach to be close to the last game which sold this much in the west. What a profitable bussines practice not releasing games and letting people import which costs a s%it ton of extra money not made by KoeiTecmo (taxes, shipping cost).

KT doesn't care what extra you pay. How do you know 200K people won't import it through Play Asia? This is the first time I can recall that a game has been announced as definitely not coming to the west and scapegoarting a hot button issue which would clearly get gamers who are into DoA all riled up, and ready to blame anyone but KT for screwing them over.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Ruler said:
binary solo said:

KT doesn't care what extra you pay. How do you know 200K people won't import it through Play Asia? This is the first time I can recall that a game has been announced as definitely not coming to the west and scapegoarting a hot button issue which would clearly get gamers who are into DoA all riled up, and ready to blame anyone but KT for screwing them over.

Yeah i know that and i would bet my life on it. Because i know how much i am right in this one, stop seeing everywhere a conspiracy when there really isnt one espcially in videogames. 200k is probably the entire sales of Play-Asia in a given year

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Ruler said:
Apparently supporting a game that’s no longer coming to a region because the publisher wants to avoid all the political nonsense surrounding gender politics is now a bad thing. Popular import e-tailer Play-Asia came out and made a statement supporting Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja’s Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, a sexually suggestive beach volleyball game for the PS Vita and PS4. However, game journalists, former game journalists and some recognized names in the gaming industry have threatened Play-Asia with blacklists.

Anybody that invokes phrases like "political nonsense surrounding gender politics" is, without a doubt, sexist. Keep in mind it's the choice of phrase that is indicative - you could make an equivalent point, if you're not sexist, by simply saying "gender politics". The "policital nonsense surrounding" part is the key problem.

When you start to invoke phrases like "social justice warrior" as your counter to an argument that something so "sexually suggestive" in a gender-specific way (you'd never see the equivalent with male characters) is inappropriate in this day and age, you immediately lose the argument.

Basically, invoking "social justice warrior" is like invoking "hitler" - the first person to do it is immediately the loser of the argument.

It is certainly a little childish to refuse to support Play-Asia specifically because they're selling DoA X3. It's a whole lot more childish to condemn people over such a decision and to use sweeping, sexist language to justify it.

I couldn't agree more. The problem is not them selling the game, it is the pharsing they used  "#SJW nonsense". 

Ruler said:
binary solo said:
Ruler said:
binary solo said:

Yeah i know that and i would bet my life on it. Because i know how much i am right in this one, stop seeing everywhere a conspiracy when there really isnt one espcially in videogames. 200k is probably the entire sales of Play-Asia in a given year

The only conspiracy being bandied about here is the one that says us in SJW land have made KT not release the game in the west. You have no idea how much Play Asia sells in a year. But even if you're right, normally what PA sells in the west are games that have never released in the west so only the major Japophiles buy from PA. I've never bought from PA, but if for some unfathomable reason Valkyria chronicles wasn't released in the west but there was an English language version released for Asia I would buy that off PA in a heartbeat. Why do you think a large number of new customers won't hit PA when this game launches?

Also what makes people think the SJWs have succeeeded where the moral police have failed for years? If it is the case that SJW has triumphed where moral police have never succeeded is it because we're actually right? DoA is sexist and KT knows it?

Jimi Hendrix