By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star wars prequel haters hit a new level of low.

Have you ever watched the 70 minutes Phantom Menace review?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
The prequels are objectively bad films. You can enjoy them as a Star Wars fanboy who enjoys the universe expanding or as a guilty movie pleasure only. Otherwise you're just lying to yourself.

Iron man 2 and 3 sucked.

and yet neither of them reach the low of acting and writing that the prequels do

I am Iron Man

The entire series is filled with plot holes and inconsistencies. The prequels have shoddy CGI at best. This is all because Lucas is behind these films.

Prequels plain sucked, were some of the worst movies ever.

Only the 3rd was remotely watchable.

I grew up with the prequels and i loved them as a kid. Later i watched the original unedited trilogy and i was amazed at the fact that these were from the 70s and 80s and actually take place after episode 3.

I was dissapointed with the lightsaber battles but everything else about the original trilogy was absolutely amazing. As a kid i thought both trilogies are equal in quality but now, after rewatching all movies i admit that Episode I was really embarrassing.

Episode VI gets defended way too much imo, the Luke & Vader lightsaber fight and final scene saved this movie for me because everything else in this movie was very dissapointing and just didnt live up to the greatness of Empire Strikes Back as a sequel.

Around the Network

"This weapon is your life", "from my point of view the jedis are evil"...do i really need to say more?

d21lewis said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
The prequels are objectively bad films. You can enjoy them as a Star Wars fanboy who enjoys the universe expanding or as a guilty movie pleasure only. Otherwise you're just lying to yourself.

Iron man 2 and 3 sucked.

This is a factual statement. Ironman 2 and 3 were huge letdowns after the first.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The prequels' writing is pretty cringe-worthy, and Episode I is absolutely worthless. It adds fucking nothing to the saga, and it's boring as hell, completely skippable. Episode II is meh as fuck, but III is honestly hated by association only (even if it still suffers from shoddy writing). All in all, it's a great movie, and it's actually better than VI (which is, imo, noticeably inferior to IV and V). The lightsaber duels were great there.

The Dookan fights on Episode II were absolutely TERRIBLE though. I'll take the Obi-Wan vs. Vader fighter of IV any day.

You and your fiends are wrong and that's fine. When it comes to ep 3, it's considered the least terrible of the prequels but that doesn't make it a good movie.

PS: When it comes to the prequels there are no haters vs fanboys only honest people vs dishonest fanboys.

coolbeans said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

and yet neither of them reach the low of acting and writing that the prequels do

Acting certainly, but writing?  There's a lot of shit, whether it be stupidity or pacing, within IM 2+3 that plummets to whatever level you're considering for the prequels if we're trying to act "objective" about this.

yes writing.  There's no sand monologue or yippies in Iron Man 2 and 3.  Also quit trying to put Iron Man 2 and 3 on the same level as each other.  2 is clearly inferior.  The only people who act like 3 is a bad film at all are the ones who are pissed at the Mandarin twist because Marvel outsmarted them and hid it from the marketing team because god forbid anyone actually conceal their twist instead of revealing it a la Terminator Genesis (not spelling it their way)

I am Iron Man