By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Gamecube the best ever?

For me - yes 100%. For Nintendo - no.

Around the Network

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: hell yes.

Gamecube was definitely a great Nintendo console but SNES and NES were better systems for their time.

SNES was above gamecube.
But yeah those where the times when Nintendo where really ontop of their game.

The snes was better than the gamecube for its time period. The snes is also better than the gamecube for this time period :D

To be honest I think the gamecube is a horrible console. I had more fun on the Wii.

Gamecube for me is 2nd last with only the Wii-U being worse.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Super Nintendo was by far the best in terms of variety and quality games. I mean there are like 50 fantastic games on that system that system owners have to play

I do really like the Gamecube but its library is just too small for it to compete against the NES, SNES.

I'd put it above the N64 probably, although that's close

I feel like objectively speaking the Gamecube is one of the weaker Nintendo systems just because there isn't a lot of variety for a widespread fair amount of fans. Subjectively I loveeee the Gamecube, it has some of my favorite titles of all time (Wind Waker, Melee, Metroid Prime, etc.) but I have to be honest about the overall library, it lacks. 

design wise arguably the Gamecube is the best Nintendo system ever though. pretty solid specs for its generation (in some respects better than the Xbox, and wayyy better than the PS2), one of the best controllers of all time, a pretty solid simple console shape.

Talking about Nintendo consoles, SNES was the best.

GameCube is my favorite Nintendo console ever. Pikmin, luigis mansion, wave race blue storm, metroid prime, star fox adventures, re4, REmake, eternal darkness, tales of symphonia and more.

Damn you thread for making me want to go buy one now!

I don´t know if you were gaming in the early 90s, but it doesn´t come close to the SNES imo, which was the second (and last) Nintendo home console where you could play their 1st party titles plus most major 3rd party games from that time.

For me it is a great system, but the SNES and NES were so amazing and had such strong support all around.
My personal ratings
SNES - 10/10
NES - 9/10
GCN - 8/10
N64 - 6/10
Wii - 5/10

I consider the SNES and PS2 to be only 10/10 systems made with the PS2 edging it on sheer volume.