By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Adele is on course to sell 3M copies of 25 in the US in the first week

When I heard news of Adele finally coming back with an album, I wondered if she had waited too long, if people had forgotten about her or got over her in the 4 years since 21.

It seems the answer to this a reasounding NO! The latest numbers about the first week of sales of the her new album are putting her total sales at about 3 million copies which is insane. [Link]

This result is even more impressive considering we live in a time where less and less people buy records. She broke a 15 year old record (N'Sync's No String Attached sold about 2.4 million in its first week) that I frankly didn't think could ever be broken.

So congratulations to Adele! You deserve it!

** About the album itself, it's been growing on me. At first listen I thought it was underwhelming because it doesn't feature song akin to Rolling in the Deep or Rumour Has It but there's really good balads on 25, Million Year Ago being my current favorite.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Masterful album! Beautiful and talented. Well deserved!!!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

R.I.P. artists who can write songs all by themselves.

AlfredoTurkey said:

They're still out there but unfortunately it seems like they don't get enough credit. In this society, there seems to be a larger emphasis on vocalists rather than composers.

jigokutamago said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

They're still out there but unfortunately it seems like they don't get enough credit. In this society, there seems to be a larger emphasis on vocalists rather than composers.

Yeah, I know. It's tragic. 

Around the Network

You've been wondering if people had forgotten about her? Her new album was and still is promoted to death all over the western (and presumably also eastern) world. I'm pretty sure this album had by far the most worldwide music advertising of the year. Even if people wanted to forget about her, they wouldn't have a chance.

When it comes to promotion, Adele and Taylor Swift are currently the music industry's Halo and COD.

shes swimming in $.

That girl oozes class in all senses of the word. Musicality, vocal skill, looks. Shes Basically in the same class with Whitney Houston and Celine Dion, except for a new generation...which is good to think about seeing how far pop music has fallen.

Gald that she is back and continue to SLAY! It just shows that you dont need sex or those flashy shit to sell and break records.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Sony has a lot of success lately. Sony Pictures does great lately (Goosebumps, Spectre, Hotel Transylvania 2), Music with Adele and Playstation as usual

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0