By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest disappointment of the past year.

Mine would have to be Arkham Knight. From the sudden removal of the batmobile edition of the retail product a week before the game launched, to the fact that the actual ending of the game is hidden behind getting 100% completion, I felt let down based on my expectation.

Around the Network

Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing Amiibo Fest. I think this is the first time Nintendo has disappointed me software wise, releasing a game lacking the usual Nintendo quality, as well as turning something potentially good into something that is just terrible. I would have accepted it if there was a free version, but as its current form, I cannot.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Resident Evil Revelations 2. Cheap and pointless sequel for superb first Rev. I'm glad this game skipped Nintendo consoles.

Arkham Knight is definitely up there. Fallout I could see as well depending on expectations, I pretty much expected it to be what it turned out to be.

My personal choice however is MGSV. Great game, but I just never got remotely as invested in it as I'd hoped, because the story was such a disjointed, incomplete afterthought.

PlayStation Plus for PS4 by far! I remember a year ago when everyone was saying how it's too early to expect anything from the service but we're now 2 years in and it's not gotten any better. Sony's chosen to stick only play under PS+ and in turn bombard us with mediocre/crappy Indy games. The discounts are meager and the game offerings are awful. Aside from Injustice: Gods Among Us, Dust, and Super Mega Baseball there isn't a single "free" game that I have still installed in my console. Each month we're served with some sort of experimental hodgepodge and more pixel-art crap. Like I spent $400 on a next-gen console to stare at 8-bit sh!t. It's not so much the 8-bit(ness) that bothers me so much as none of the games are good games. I'm hoping PS+ will get better eventually but right now it's total crap!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

It had to be Call of Duty Black Ops 3. Sure, no one expects much from this series anymore, but since it was Black Ops 3, I expected it to have a pretty solid stories compared to its counterparts. In the end, it's just a convoluted mess with a poor payoff.

No PT :'(

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Witcher 3. Nowhere near as good as I was hoping. Fallout 4 has been great,though.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

To be honest Star Wars Battlefront. Once the awe of the graphics wear off, you realize it's a pretty mediocre shooter with less content than its competitors.

It does look great though.

Arkham Knight. I've yet to play it but with all the disappointment news I've been hearing about it, it saddens me that the amazing series ended on a sour note.