By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 has sold-through 30.2 million units worldwide

Well, the undertrack from Vgchartz was obvious when they said the 29.3 millions shipped.

And i still believe the Xone is overtracked here too, but we will never know until Ms give us numbers.

Around the Network

I had suspected that the PS4 was fairly substantially undertracked, If we were to expect 500k between November 14th and the 22nd, that means the PS4 is about 1.3 million undertracked or so.

Also, that means that for the PS4, if it gets a million this week, and 650k on average for the next 5 weeks (this seems like a fairly safe estimate), we'll have 34.45 by the end of the year. That means it will have sold about 16 million for 2015, or about 1.5 million more than it did in 2014.

Seems a strange time to announce a sales update when sales are about to grow so quickly, milestone or not.

Looks about a million undertracked as expected by many after the shipment data.

Roughly 1.4 million undertracked by VGC. We have been saying it since september.

So, assuming 500k next week, adjustments of about 1.3M should be made historically? That's pretty good tracking overall from VGC.

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
Well, the undertrack from Vgchartz was obvious when they said the 29.3 millions shipped.

And i still believe the Xone is overtracked here too, but we will never know until Ms give us numbers.

X1 shipments were more than likely just north of 16M at the end of September so it's pretty safe to assume sold-through are close to correct from VGC, or slightly undertracked.

celador said:
Seems a strange time to announce a sales update when sales are about to grow so quickly, milestone or not.

Looks about a million undertracked as expected by many after the shipment data.

They'll just probably announced the shipped numbers in PSX which will make it look bigger anyway.

30 Sep 2015: 29.3M shipped
22 Nov 2015: 30.2M sold.

So, worse case scenario, 118,868 units per week since the first week of October.

Shits crazy

CGI-Quality said:

Couldn't resist! Sorry!

LMFAO! It's 2:40 am right now and you already have the post of the day already imo.