By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 localization to avoid possible "treatment of women" backlash

I'm annoyed with this on principal. It may be an excuse, but if true...it makes me want to piss off these fembots more.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
But I was told it was not censorship if a developer makes the decision themselves.

It isn't.

It is also PR bullshit that KT has decided not to localise the game mostly because of a potential feminist backlash. The reason they won't localise is because the game won't sell well enough to make it worthwhile. And because they know all the western fans will buy one of the Asian releases anyway, which will no doubt be imported by a few retailers. They can't figure out a way to market the game in the west, so the best way to market it is to not officially release it and to blame fear of a "treatment of women" backlash, that way people will go out of their way to buy the game to spite those damned feminists. So all in all, a blame the feminists strategy for not getting an official release is an excellent marketing tool. Arguably therefore the perception that feminists have killed DoA in the west will actually lead to the game selling more in the west through unofficial channels than recent previous official releases.

So perhaps you should be thnking feminists to help raise the profile of this game and get people interested in it who otherwise would have ignored it. Go the feminists!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

RenCutypoison said:
At some point feminists would express women freedom trough sexualisation and would have welcomed such game.
Thank you third wave feminism.

Feminists never celebrated the sexual objectification of women for male pleasure. So you really totally fail to undestand the feminist sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

While I find Koei Tecmo's depiction of women somewhat questionable (even though I have to admit I played the first DOA Xtreme), I find it somewhat disheartening they would steer clear of releasing the game in the west for fear of backlash. The game can be discussed, but in a civilized matter, no need for self-censorship.

Random_Matt said:
Game isn't that great any more, i believe the original creator or whatever said it merely sells on a sex appeal rather than being a decent fighting game.

Well its not a fighting game its a beach volleyball game.  As for the main Dead or Alive its still a pretty good fighting game.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
You guys actually wanted a volleyball video game?

Nah, people only buy it for the boobs.

SpokenTruth said:
Chris Hu said:
SpokenTruth said:
You guys actually wanted a volleyball video game?

Nah, people only buy it for the boobs.

Google.  The last 4 letters of Google are "ogle".  Why pay $60 for animated jiggly boobs when you can get that and so much more for free already?

Are you really not seeing an issue with a game not being released because of SJW backlash?

Koei Tecmo is being dumb, the negative feminist press would only accomplish it to get free marketing in the West.

SpokenTruth said:

Are you really not seeing an issue with game costing $60 to ogle at that you can view and see a lot more online for free?

You can't play butt battle online, though.

I think these games are trash personally. That said, I don't like the precedence this sets.