By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 localization to avoid possible "treatment of women" backlash

WC4Life said:
Someone make a petition, this is bullshit

https://www.change.org/p/team-ninja-yosuke-hayashi-koei-tecmo-release-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-worldwide-not-just-in-japan-and-asia-markets

Done, already 3,000 signatures

(Not mine btw, just found it)

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Around the Network
Ruler said:
greenmedic88 said:

And that is what we call a huge downtrend in sales which fully supports the notion that the game simply wasn't projected to sell enough to make it worth the potential backlash or even the effort.

-You ignore the fact that the series sold more in the west than japan 

-second if KoeiTecmo can afford localizing games like Nobunagas Ambition and Deception 4 (Another sexy game with some nasty torture as well) then they can localizing everything.

-the localisation is allready paid because they allready could afford making english version for other Asian countries

Actually, I didn't, but I'll reiterate anyway. 

DOAX had VGC sales estimates of 590k, 360k of which were in NA.

DOAX2 had VGC sales estimates of 250k, 140k of which were in NA.

At this point, I feel as though I'm just coming as being didactic, but this demonstrates a 340k drop in global unit sales coming from a userbase of approximately 25m (XB) to approximately 85m (XB360).

To clarify, that's a 340k drop in sales units despite having a userbase 60m units greater. 

We take a look specifically at the NA figures and see a drop in unit sales of 220k meaning NA saw a greater drop by percentage in unit sales relative to global totals. 

NA XB userbase, approx 15.77m, NA XB360 userbase, approx 48.58m. That's a drop in unit sales of 220k despite having a userbase 32.81m units greater. 

Note that I'm leaving personal opinions out of this and simply referring to the numbers. 

OttoniBastos said:

Based Play-Asia!(almost 15k followers now)

I know they're taking advantage of the gamergate thing but i wouldn't be surprise if japanese games start getting banned or not being localized because of the fear of Neogaf,tumblr,kotaku,polygon and other SJW circlejerks.

I do expect Anime to be banned from GAF eventually.

GAF and the like are actively opressing people with opinions that differ from their narrative that the constant outrage for far less "offensive" titles than DoAX3 had no affect at Tecmos beeing concerned for a US release. The thread about this topic is a real graveyard with countless arbitrary bans for no reason other than disagreeing with their narrative. This bullish behavior is disgusting and reason enough to avoid giving them any clicks going forward from my part.

SpokenTruth said:
ganoncrotch said:
SpokenTruth said:
Just going to throw it out there but have any of you ever noticed that the only people mad at SJW's are those not impacted by social injustice?

I would say this game being on sale and people enjoying it hurts about as much as the sale of vibrators and dildos. i.e. not a tiny bit, Unless they're really big, those could hurt.

Agreed that it's a minor (thanfully not the other minor) issue.  My point though is the people who tell everyone else to get over it are the people never affected by the issue to begin with.   It's easy to tell peopel to have thicker skin when you were born with a suit of armor on.  It's a "not my problem" syndrome.  Happens with all sorts of issues when those not affected rarely care.

Sprash said:

You can also buy the game when it hits a lower price you know? Games gets lower in price over time you know?

also what logic are you even using?

Why play a sports game just play it in real life (with friends)

Why play a shooter take water guns and play in real life

Why play jump and runs just go outside and jump and run there

all for free! why play games at all

My point is over here.  What where you doing over there.

I was talking about the ogling nature of the game.  So unless you mean to ogle scantaily glad women while doing those activities, you missed the point.

Positive discrimination very much effects white males when it comes to a company hiring to fill its quota of minorities, as someone working in the IT sector I see it regularly. Everyone gets effected by the issue of people feeling as tho they are treated jnfairly. If I was a career guidence counciler right now talking to a girl my advice would be to jump into IT, even if you have zero interest, you will get work.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

twintail said:
tiffac said:

I don't usually buy online for my gaming needs but when I do, I will make sure its with Play Asia.

OdinHades said:
I am going to order something from play-asia right now, just because they are awesome!

Funny how quickly ppl fall for such obvious marketting ploys.

Its that or Social Justice Warriors. lol!

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
twintail said:
[...]

Funny how quickly ppl fall for such obvious marketting ploys.

Well, I know it's marketing, I'm not THAT stupid. But it's marketing that I will gladly support.

Don't you understand. We're laughing stock for falling for marketing. lol!

SpokenTruth said:
[...]

Agreed that it's a minor (thanfully not the other minor) issue.  My point though is the people who tell everyone else to get over it are the people never affected by the issue to begin with.   It's easy to tell peopel to have thicker skin when you were born with a suit of armor on.  It's a "not my problem" syndrome.  Happens with all sorts of issues when those not affected rarely care.

[...]

Eh, so what do you expect in this particular case? Should we really actively censor games and movies, just so that a small group of people feels better about themselves? If we did such things, I would be really offended by it, because I am strongly against censorship! =P

I'll say it again: There are indeed problems with equality, but they are not to be found in music, movies or games. Art should be free, no government in this world has the right to tell artists what to do. If you try to control creativity, you will destroy the growth of your culture. So censoring ANYTHING because of ANY REASON is just plain and utter bullshit. I don't care who screams for it, but I will sure as hell do anything I can to defend the freedom of expression. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

teigaga said:
Lawlight said:

What does the average release sell? Mind telling us that magical number? If you know their games are niche, why even bring up sales?

Also, what does score poorly mean? What's the score that's considered poor?

Company that makes niche games for niche audience doesn't need to worry about metacritic or twitter backlash. I'll leave it at that. Have a good day.

So, you make a bunch of statements but what I ask for specifics you deflect?

https://archive.is/ZBZWY

lol i cant believe it some SJWs are even mad at PlayAsia right now and threaten them on twitter

Ruler said:

https://archive.is/ZBZWY

lol i cant believe it some SJWs are even mad at PlayAsia right now and threaten them on twitter

What really baffles me is that a lot of those people keep insulting other people much MUCH worse than what they are complaining about themselves. I mean, like, what?!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.