By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 localization to avoid possible "treatment of women" backlash

teigaga said:
mountaindewslave said:

shame to hear a company falling to politically correct pressure to not release a game

sex sells, for both women and men. no reason to get freaky polite about game releases. I don't see companies stopping releases of gorey games just because they offend some people, Bloodborne certainly didn't take out its blood 

obviously Tecmo doesn't want to hurt their brand image haha but it's just annoying to me. make a game and show you're respectable and proud of your work, don't be a coward about it

They have no reputable brand image in the west other then delivering Japanese games. Their games typically score poorly, sell poorly compared to the avaerage release and are not intended for the mainstream markets over here (Dynasty warriors). 

What does the average release sell? Mind telling us that magical number? If you know their games are niche, why even bring up sales?

Also, what does score poorly mean? What's the score that's considered poor?

Around the Network
twintail said:
[...]

Funny how quickly ppl fall for such obvious marketting ploys.

Well, I know it's marketing, I'm not THAT stupid. But it's marketing that I will gladly support.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Lawlight said:
teigaga said:

They have no reputable brand image in the west other then delivering Japanese games. Their games typically score poorly, sell poorly compared to the avaerage release and are not intended for the mainstream markets over here (Dynasty warriors). 

What does the average release sell? Mind telling us that magical number? If you know their games are niche, why even bring up sales?

Company that makes niche games for niche audience doesn't need to worry about metacritic or twitter backlash. I'll leave it at that. Have a good day.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 November 2018

Good one. Keep trying KT!

Around the Network

why don't they just sell it on PSN download etc no one would even notice

Above & Beyond

Ruler said:
greenmedic88 said:

I don't feel like looking up the numbers, but what were they for DOAX and DOAX2? I don't recall DOAX2 being published on the PS3 and if not, there's not much of a gauge for interest in DOAX3 on the PS4. 

I suppose there's always digital if KT was concerned about producing unsold NA market inventory, but again, what this really seems to boil down to is the number of units they projected they could sell relative to the fan response for a NA market release simply didn't merit one. 

Okay; no need to bother. DOAX2 sold a whopping 250k units. That is the very definition of small niche. 

it sold 600k for the original Xbox you left out

And that is what we call a huge downtrend in sales which fully supports the notion that the game simply wasn't projected to sell enough to make it worth the potential backlash or even the effort.

Lawlight said:
teigaga said:

DOAX sold an estimated 600k copies.

DOAX2 sold an estimated 250k copies.

Interestingly enough, DOAX2 sold an estimated 140k copies in NA; the majority of the overall global sales.

greenmedic88 said:
Ruler said:

it sold 600k for the original Xbox you left out

And that is what we call a huge downtrend in sales which fully supports the notion that the game simply wasn't projected to sell enough to make it worth the potential backlash or even the effort.

-You ignore the fact that the series sold more in the west than japan 

-second if KoeiTecmo can afford localizing games like Nobunagas Ambition and Deception 4 (Another sexy game with some nasty torture as well) then they can localizing everything.

-the localisation is allready paid because they allready could afford making english version for other Asian countries