By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forbes: Wii U-Only Zelda Game Would be a Mistake

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

That's different, Majora's Mask reused assets from a game of the same generation, not the previous one.

And that why I said Nintendo can do something similar with NX Zelda, especially when Zelda U probably will be ported on NX.

That's assuming that the NX port of Zelda U will have assets remade to NX specifications.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

And that why I said Nintendo can do something similar with NX Zelda, especially when Zelda U probably will be ported on NX.

That's assuming that the NX port of Zelda U will have assets remade to NX specifications.

Well Nintendo already said that NX will "absorb" Wii U architecture in same way, so it's almost certain that whole Zelda U will be ported to NX and than NX will also have same that engine, assets and models that can be little improved and reused for Zelda NX made that probably will use max of that hardware.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well Nintendo already said that NX will "absorb" Wii U architecture in same way, so it's almost certain that whole Zelda U will be ported to NX and than NX will also have same that engine, assets and models that can be little improved and reused for Zelda NX made that probably will use max of that hardware.

I expect the engine will be reused, yes.

But they wouldn't be able to recycle many actual assets without upgrading them, which takes work, hence it would not surprise me personally if the next console Zelda after the upcoming one doesn't arrive until 2021 or something.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

But they wouldn't be able to recycle many actual assets without upgrading them, which takes work, hence it would not surprise me personally if the next console Zelda after the upcoming one doesn't arrive until 2021 or something.

Even upgrading of assets and models require much smaller amount of time than make completely new and complete new engine. If they really will again pull MM we could have Zelda NX in 2018/2019, and if they completely abandoned Zelda U engine and go for completely all new staffs for NX Zelda, I expecting Zelda in 2020.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Even upgrading of assets and models require much smaller amount of time than make completely new and complete new engine. If they really will again pull MM we could have Zelda NX in 2018/2019, and if they completely abandoned Zelda U engine and go for completely all new staffs for NX Zelda, I expecting Zelda in 2020.

A lot will depend on what kind of game the next Zelda after the upcoming one is. If it's another massive open world one, for example, I expect it will take longer to make than if it's a smaller scale adventure like Majora's Mask.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

A lot will depend on what kind of game the next Zelda after the upcoming one is. If it's another massive open world one, for example, I expect it will take longer to make than if it's a smaller scale adventure like Majora's Mask.

Of Course, because of that I said they could finished for 2-3 years, Nintendo finished MM in one year.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Of Course, because of that I said they could finished for 2-3 years, Nintendo finished MM in one year.

2 years I think is out of the question. Majora only took two years cos games needed vastly less time and resources to make back then.

If they do a small scale Zelda like Majora and resuse a lot of code, 3-4 years is a possibility.

Personally, I expect another 5, just like Skyward Sword and the upcoming one.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

2 years I think is out of the question. Majora only took two years cos games needed vastly less time and resources to make back then.

If they do a small scale Zelda like Majora and resuse a lot of code, 3-4 years is a possibility.

Personally, I expect another 5, just like Skyward Sword and the upcoming one.

Aonuma said they finished MM in one year not two years.

SS has took so long because of implication of Motion Controls. Zelda U is first HD, true open biggest world Zelda game. Also Nintendo will now have single platform for developing games, not like before 2 completely different.

Miyamotoo said:

Aonuma said they finished MM in one year not two years.

SS has took so long because of implication of Motion Controls. Zelda U is first HD, true open biggest world Zelda game. Also Nintendo will now have single platform for developing games, not like before 2 completely different.

Still only possible cos it was made in an era where games took vastly less time and resources than they do today. 2 years for a next gen Zelda is impossible, especially for a team infamous for their delays.

It's coming to the Wii U. I don't care if they put it on the NX as well but if I don't get it on my Wii U I would NOT buy a NX out of spite. I bought Wii U for ZombiU and Zelda....wasn't sure if I'd see a Metroid. I think it is more likely a new Metroid will pull a TP on NX and Wii U.

Make it So.