By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon wins "Best Game" at BAFTA children's awards!

Congrats! Well deserved Splatatatatoon. But to be honest, CoD should have been nominated too! :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
This trophy isn't really children friendly...

The trophy is creepy as hell, yes. I wouldn't be putting something like that on my mantle that's for sure, but I don't think I need to worry about winning a BAFTA.

Cool, but that's like Citizen Kane winning a Golden Globe. Nothing short of a Nobel Peace Prize will do for Splatoon.

This is where Splatoon can really shine. It can attract both the younger and older audience in the shooting genre (Even though COD kinda does that.......... )

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nice, surprised it won for this category

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

That horrid constipated face could ruin a childhood or two.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
daredevil.shark said:

Children awards. Very funny. Though it's really meant for younger audience.

It's funny you say that when your avi is of a character and style that could also be considered something for children and overall younger audiences  ; )

Off course ratchet and clank is for younger audiences. But it still doesnt change the fact that splatoon got award in kids category. Lol.

Kids can't play Ratchet and Clank - they won't be able to get past those time puzzles in CiT. They're able to play Splatoon though.

daredevil.shark said:
Cloudman said:

It's funny you say that when your avi is of a character and style that could also be considered something for children and overall younger audiences  ; )

Off course ratchet and clank is for younger audiences. But it still doesnt change the fact that splatoon got award in kids category. Lol.

I don't think that makes it humorous. I think it's great that kids can enjoy it as well. I'm sure no one would be laughing it Ratch and Clank won a similar award.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
daredevil.shark said:
Cloudman said:

I don't think that makes it humorous. I think it's great that kids can enjoy it as well. I'm sure no one would be laughing it Ratch and Clank won a similar award.

1. Nice try to bait with off topic.

2. Ratchet and clank is for younger audiences. So what? PlayStation has "more than enough, I repeat more than enough" games to bring variety to stop it being a kiddy console.

3. As for two games, one looks good (CGI like), better resolution, will get better review than other. I will be proud of playing ratchet and clank because in my preferred system I dont have to admit that a game catered for younger audiences is actually for younger audiences. However someone people don't have variety and forced to label a younger audiences game as a game for mature audiences.

Lawlight said:
Kids can't play Ratchet and Clank - they won't be able to get past those time puzzles in CiT. They're able to play Splatoon though.

I doubt they would do a great job in multiplayer matches though. The single player also has some levels which could be tricky for younger players.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---