By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Woman and children first off a sinking ship. Gender equality...?

Should the case be...

Let the 100 women get the... 90 24.13%

Let the 100 men get the l... 31 8.31%

Split the lifeboats 50/50 between the adults. 168 45.04%

Let everyone drown because I can't decide. 84 22.52%

Total:373

I believe the reason why men have always been considered more expandable than woman is somewhat biological:

For the plain survival of the human race, one needs more women than men, because women are the bottleneck of human reproduction.

Imagine that there was an apocalyptic event and only 100 humans are remaining.
If there were 99 women and one man, the (very lucky) man could easily fertilize all woman, and after one year, we'd have about 99 children.

But imagine that there were 99 men and only one woman remaining - even if the men managed not to kill themselves over the question who will fertilize her (which seems quite unlikely), after one year there would still only be one child.

On the other hand: right now, the survival of the human race is hardly in such a critical situation; we're instead dealing with the opposite problem: overpopulation. So I believe that at this point in history, one could just as well argue in favor of adopting a temporary "woman and children last"-policy.

Around the Network

I made this thread years ago. Kids these days with their shitty music and their Kim khardashians. Fuck em. If get on one of those boats with a big fitted woman and sail away laughing.

#FuckTheKids.

Best idea: Don't board a ship with lower life support than there is people. Don't let everyone board if there isn't enough life support for everyone.

This possibly dates back to times of chivalry. Men were supposedly to be kinder and more respectful to women. I couldn't imagine being on a sinking ship and not allowing children to safety first. I'll admit that feminism can be a pain sometimes but when you read some of the responses to it one can easily understand why there's a need for such a thing.

Inversely though, I see women all the time stating that things such as taking out the trash and mowing the lawn is "man's work". We all have those funny little qualms. I think acts of strength (heavy lifting) is something men should do simply because we can be hurt by it and as a man I'd prefer I be hurt than my wife. However, my wife loves to prove that she can do anything I can do. I love giving her a shot and laughing (in my head) if she fails lol.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

hollabackenny said:
Why are arguments against feminism always such ridiculous scenarios?

If you can't stay on topic, don't post.

Feminists today is really not about equality, it is about power over the other gender and personal benefit.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:

Very noble and honest, if everyone were like this a sinking ship scenario would be a far more civilised place.

That said I'm sorry for the way you feel and suffering depression at this time of year especially can be hard, can I just suggest that you make sure to reach out to your family so you have a plan for the holiday meals etc, while you feel that lives wouldn't be affected if you weren't around that is very rarely the case, I'm sure your sister would miss a brother who would offer his life for her and I'd miss the Naruball comments on this site :D!

Thanks, man. Much appreciated. 

Lawlight said:
hollabackenny said:

Feminists today is really not about equality, it is about power over the other gender and personal benefit.

You don't respond to a counter-argument by saying it's not on topic, then state an opinion. That's not how it works.

And just for the record, I'm all for equality and I largely despise modern feminism. I'd also split the places if I had to choose one of the options in the poll.

Zkuq said:
Lawlight said:
hollabackenny said:

You don't respond to a counter-argument by saying it's not on topic, then state an opinion. That's not how it works.

And just for the record, I'm all for equality and I largely despise modern feminism. I'd also split the places if I had to choose one of the options in the poll.

It's not an opinion.

I'd say families first, then women, then men.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The extreme feminists (many these days) do as much harm as good for women's rights, but it's nigh on impossible for a public figure to criticise them, because you would then be attacked and branded a misogynist.

IMO it's best to ignore the whole issue. People who treat women as inferior are the ones losing out, wether they are an employer, journalist, politician, or whatever.

Thankfully most women are not 'feminists' and reasonable.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One